Travelling with a baby on Virgin

neilybealy

DIS Veteran
hi

we have been told by virgin reservations that we can only pre-book 1 seat next to the bulkhead for the skycot (for which they charge £70) which means only 1 parent is sitting with the baby

i can understand virgin's reason for doing this as they have a limited number of bulkhead seats for skycots but the mother of the baby really would like the father to be sat next to her as well to they can both look after the baby - particulary on take off and landing !!

anyone else been told this?

neil

:(

Sorry I don't have any info about the seats, but I was just surprised to know they charge £70 to use the skycot, or does this include a seat as well?

Maybe you could prebook a seat behind and then swop over at intervals? Not ideal I know but at least you would be close to each other.

hey mazzy

the infant price without a seat was £35 + taxes

we did actually pre-book all 10 adult seats when it was 6 months before the flight but when I called reservations a few weeks ago I was told that due to a change in the aircraft all prebooked seats had been removed and she now couldn't even sit us all together

they only make 50% of the seats available for pre-booking - the rest are kept for people checking in at either twilight or on the day of the flight

we have booked through group sales though and they have e-mailed the dept who actually allocate seat numbers 24 hours before the flight opens so we're hoping it all works out ok

we're going to do twilight check in too now

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter