Travelling with a 100 percent Disney addict (dd1), sleepy (dd2) & newbie (dd2 bf)

married2mm

DIS Veteran
All adults... well, how mature is questionable :rolleyes1

Party of 5 with me & dh :
I’m a bit of an obsessive Disney fan also; however dd1 takes to a whole new level!
dh becoming more so as years go by; I’m clearly working my own magic :rolleyes:

I’m slightly concerned the differing personalities may clash on vacation-

How do you handle those who wish to ‘wing it ‘ & crazy planners to all play nicely?

Let the "wing it" people sit out or sleep in when they need to. My family is like the three bears - one wants a ton of Disney, one wants virtually none of it, and one likes it "just right" - somewhere in the middle. We just got back from a trip today and I really have to balance things out while we are there. We do not go commando in the parks, we do non-park activities like mini-golf and water parks and sometimes we split up. Just yesterday, my DS11 and DH were done with parks, so they stayed behind at the resort where they went to the pool and played basketball and I went to EP one last time to stroll and shop. On our Blizzard Beach day, my DH had zero interest going in the water, so we rented him a lodge umbrella and he relaxed and listened to music while DS and I went on the slides. We then had lunch and played mini-golf together. Everyone was happy! Personally, I would make your Disney obsessive plans, let the "wing it" people know the itinerary for the day and then let them decide when they will join you.

Plan you mornings and wing your afternoons. Make sure there is time and energy left for spontaneous activities, but for headliners have a plan. I went with a non-planner a few years ago, everytime we walked by 7dmt she wanted to ride it. I would say, we can ride it now, its a 120 min wait, or we can wait and ride it wed with a fast pass. We waited till Wed. But she had the option, which made her happier.

There's no reason (other than one or more being too young to be on their own) that everyone has to go at the same time and do the same things. Maybe set up some times together (food usually works) and times apart. Set a place where you meet around a particular time (it's difficult to set a hard and fast time if you're stuck in line when you're supposed to be meeting). If it's an eatery/lounge, it makes it easy to park and wait for others. Then do some stuff together. Set dinners at a specific time. Lots of different options and schedules as long as everyone is OK with being solo or semi-solo for part of the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!