Travelling to Amusement Parks other then Disney

Jrb1979

DIS Veteran
Does anyone else travel to other amusement parks other then Disney? Last year I traveled to 7 different amusement parks. I drove 7 hours once to visit Kings Island for a weekend
Who wouldn't want to travel to a park to ride this. 120 mph in 4 seconds and up 420 feet

Last edited:
It has a big top hat section going over the lagoon. It's all over youtube from Midway Mahem or Theme Park Stop. It's also going to have a wicked spaghetti bowl section.

It has a big top hat section going over the lagoon. It's all over youtube from Midway Mahem or Theme Park Stop. It's also going to have a wicked spaghetti bowl section.
I'm super happy and excited for this to open. It makes up for the loss of Dueling Dragons.

Does anyone else travel to other amusement parks other then Disney? Last year I traveled to 7 different amusement parks. I drove 7 hours once to visit Kings Island for a weekend
Who wouldn't want to travel to a park to ride this. 120 mph in 4 seconds and up 420 feet

I for one wouldn't. Eliminate the vertical section, and just have the coaster ride straight out, pull a U-turn and return sure, but going off the ground is not for me.

I for one wouldn't. Eliminate the vertical section, and just have the coaster ride straight out, pull a U-turn and return sure, but going off the ground is not for me.
What's the fun in that. Going up is the best part. I'm guessing you have never been on the Hulk at Universal?

I love these thrill rides, but I think I will be avoiding big coasters for a while. People tend to scream with their mouths open and you can’t wear shields to avoid splash or spit unless masks covering nose and mouth are mandatory on these rides. I am giving them a pass until it’s safer later.

I love these thrill rides, but I think I will be avoiding big coasters for a while. People tend to scream with their mouths open and you can’t wear shields to avoid splash or spit unless masks covering nose and mouth are mandatory on these rides. I am giving them a pass until it’s safer later.
Judging by SeaWorld testing their coasters with employees with masks on its probably a good chance masks will be required at most parks.

Good point although I know my mouth becomes super dry from screaming so much. I would hate it if someone’s mask became loose somehow and flew into my face while I was sitting behind them on the ride.

Eh, doesn't seem like much. It is one of the coaster types Wonderland doesn't have though. But at the end of the day I think I'd rather make the drive from Toronto to Cedar Point.

When I went to Knott's Berry Farm in California, the best part was definitely the Boysenberry ice cream. Highly recommend it if you ever go there

Cedar Point is amazing. While Top Thrill Dragster (shown earlier in the video) is indeed intense, their most recent coaster (from 2018) Steel Vengeance is hands down the best coaster in the world. A wood/steel hybrid with so much air-time going over hills and multiple inversions while going through the middle of the massive wooden structure is insane.

We drove down last year and were supposed to go again this year.

Edit: This is what my face looks like at 120mph ;)

Last edited:
Only other theme parks I’ve been to on coasters is Universal, Seaworld and Busch Gardens Tampa. My then teen daughter talked me into Shiekra! At the time it was the newest coaster at Busch. I think while teetering at the top before going down the drop into a black hole I may have screamed- I’m gonna kill you! Lol.
Locally around here in B.C. we don’t have any big Amusement Parks?

In BC "thrill ride" consists of hiking up the side of a small mountain, or bouncing on a suspension bridge. :)

But yeah, you guys don't have much in terms of coasters out there. Can't complain about all the outdoors stuff though.

Only other theme parks I’ve been to on coasters is Universal, Seaworld and Busch Gardens Tampa. My then teen daughter talked me into Shiekra! At the time it was the newest coaster at Busch. I think while teetering at the top before going down the drop into a black hole I may have screamed- I’m gonna kill you! Lol.
Locally around here in B.C. we don’t have any big Amusement Parks?
In BC "thrill ride" consists of hiking up the side of a small mountain, or bouncing on a suspension bridge. :)

But yeah, you guys don't have much in terms of coasters out there. Can't complain about all the outdoors stuff though.
Just Playland, which is open now with just 12 rides Friday-Sunday.

The big wooden roller coaster is also set to reopen very soon I believe.

Just Playland, which is open now with just 12 rides Friday-Sunday.

The big wooden roller coaster is also set to reopen very soon I believe.
Yeah, I don’t really count Playland! Once you go to the big boys, it spoil you for local fairs! But I did like the food! Fischer Scones and Hunky Bills lol! I’m sure they have more food since I’ve been. Used to take the kids when they were in elementary school. Loved the barns, Super Dogs, Logging show, crazy cars, lots of fun.

We did the drive to Cedar Point once before kids. Only thing we wished we had left earlier because the parking lot and park were packed when we got there. We liked it better than Wonderland just weren't a fan of the drive. Before kids we always tried to make everything a day trip so that was our downfall. Then again when you are within an hour of Wonderland or Niagara Falls day trips are pretty cool.
We've done Disney and the kids didn't care for it. We'd rather spend it at HS over MK it just didn't have the appeal. We are Universal fans. We can spend all day riding Simpsons, Hargrid, Hulk, the Mummy, Men in Black and only one of our kids and I will do Rip Rocket. Last year I was able to ride it twice in one day. That's all my neck can take.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts