Traveling with infant

Penulma

Earning My Ears
We have been to WDW every year since 2013. Last year we went to DL for our baby moon. So since we skipped last year at WDW I am getting anxious to go back. We booked a trip for late August. I wanted to wait till she was a year but everything was booked for thanksgiving at Pop. This will be our first trip with our first child. Our daughter will be 10 months old. We plan to take it easy and just go with the flow and not over plan. But any pros and cons to traveling with an infant. Are we crazy to even do this?!

We did Disneyland when our son was 11 months (we had a 2 year old as well) and found he was a GREAT age for it, so hopefully you'll find the same at WDW! He was so happy to take in everything that was going on around him, and was young enough to not be scared of characters, etc.

We brought our Ergo, and I found that having a carrier was amazing for standing in lines. He wasn't at the age where he was fully walking but he definitely wanted to move and could stand and "cruise" so that was not ideal for lines. Having the Ergo kept him contained (and happy) and he was allowed to stay in it for most rides (we mostly wore it on our fronts, not sure how it would work with the back carry). I know he rode in the Ergo on Haunted Mansion, Pirates, etc but we had to take him out for Astro Orbitor and sit him on the seat. He seemed to enjoy the rides and was just really chill in general- easier than the 2 year old on that trip.

I think so much depends on baby's temperament- if she'll stroller nap, if she needs 3 naps vs. 2 at that point, etc. Planning around that though, I think you'll have a blast with her.

We go to the zoo and she will nap in the stroller and she stays content in the front pack as well. So I’ll make sure to bring that! I was worried about characters. So all of this is nice to hear. Thanks so much!

Are you breastfeeding? I went down with the family and my wife was breastfeeding. We had a 2.5 yo and a 8 mo. The breastfeeding was the hardest part for my wife. Just be aware of where there are nice aircondishioned areas where you can take a break and take care of your daughter. You'll be basically doing all the dark rides or taking turns.

Bring a good stroller with storage and the abiity to recline, bring a harness/carrier to hold the baby on your back/chest.

It's a normal Disney trip but at a much slowed down pace. Plan around breaks/trips back to the resort.

If you're still BF, remember to stay hydrated (especially since you're going in August).

If you use bottles, I'd make sure I was stocked with those microwavable sanitizing bags.

If you're still BF, remember to stay hydrated (especially since you're going in August).

If you use bottles, I'd make sure I was stocked with those microwavable sanitizing bags.

Microwaves aren’t convenient in most of the resorts and those sanitizing bags don’t hold much. They are certainly an option, but I’m not sure that’s the easiest thing to do.

When my son was using bottles, I brought a large bowl, bottle brush, dishwashing gloves, and soap from home (along with my bottle drying rack) and washed them with hot water in the sink.

It's totally do-able, just at a slower pace. I recently took my 14 month old and we had a blast. Check out where the baby care centers are in each park, they have nice air conditioned rooms for breast feeding, huge changing tables, hang out rooms with TVs, microwaves, etc.

I found it helpful to plan the fast-passes ahead of time and if we used them, that's great, if not, I gave them up but that helped avoid waiting in any long lines, especially in the heat.

I took each of my 5 kids to WDW as an infant, and always had a great time. Their baby care centers are great, utilize them. There are rides and shows the baby can get enjoyment from (IASM is one). Just make sure to stay cool and keep yourself and baby hydrated (I had a clip on fan for the stroller that helped some) and take breaks. Don’t overdo it. You’ll have a great time. Saw you’re going for TG, We’re arriving the Saturday after thanksgiving. Perfect time to go!

Last edited:
Good morning group. I have a quick question I will be traveling with my wife who is pumping into a 10-month-old son at the time of our trip in February. Does anyone have any ideas on how to bring frozen milk from home at this point my wife will no longer be pumping but we will be using the milk that we are frozen. Any thoughts?

Good morning group. I have a quick question I will be traveling with my wife who is pumping into a 10-month-old son at the time of our trip in February. Does anyone have any ideas on how to bring frozen milk from home at this point my wife will no longer be pumping but we will be using the milk that we are frozen. Any thoughts?
If you're flying it can go through security as a carry on in a cooler. (and should be exempted from the airline limits)

Where are you staying? that would determine how long you can keep it frozen.

Does your hotel have a freezer? Mini fridge?

Bringing it into the parks should be easy enough with a backpack cooler and some freezer packs.

If you're flying it can go through security as a carry on in a cooler. (and should be exempted from the airline limits)

Where are you staying? that would determine how long you can keep it frozen.
What flying down Monday, February 11 and flying home Saturday, February 16. We’re staying at Saratoga Springs. So you’re saying I should bring a cooler?

What flying down Monday, February 11 and flying home Saturday, February 16. We’re staying at Saratoga Springs. So you’re saying I should bring a cooler?

Definitely the cooler/ice packs for the airplane. Are you in a studio or a villa? I don't know if the studio mini fridges have a freezer compartment. You'll probably want to check on the resorts board for that info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!