traveling with infant

mom2grace

DIS Veteran
DH and I are contemplating taking DD 8 months old on the Magic for the 1-26 sailing (no, we are not usually last-minute travelers)! Do you have any tips to make our much-needed vacation smooth? We are booking a navigator's verandah so we can enjoy the water after she goes to sleep (planning to bring along beverages). She is generally a very easy, pleasant child (really!), so I am not concerned about keeping her entertained.

I am curious about the nursery (I am a stay-at-home mom, she does stay with family members occasionally, do they "make" the babies go to sleep at a certain time?), pools and activities during the day, dining. I assume at this point we will have late seating. Tea with Wendy?

Stroller, bedding (what do they offer?), meal-time tips, packing tips.

Does anyone know what the "load" on the ship will be for that sailing? Weather?

Thanks sooo much!

Susan, Bryan, and Grace

I cant answer everything, but heres some info.
We sailed with our DS when he was 8 months. He was like your DD seems to be, a very good, easy baby. We also had late seating and it worked great for him. He would fall asleep during the early show, then wake up and be ready to go for dinner. He obviously didnt eat dinner, but the waiters kept him very entertained. They were wonderful with him.
We didnt use Flounders so I have no info on that
DS loved sitting in the Mickey pool, splashing around. We only did the 3 day so the, sailaway party, the pool & the Castaway Cay were our only daytime activities.
Be sure to have the ships photographers take lots of pictures of DD. We only got one picture taken of each DS and both came out great. Wish they had taken more.
We brought our own double/sit& stand carriage for our 2 kids, but I believe they do rent strollers on board if you prefer(someone correct me if Im wrong on that). The crib was a porta crib, and the room host/ess will set it up and take it down for you.
Hope this helps and have a great trip! :)

I traveled 12/8 with my 7 month old DD. We had a great time.
We only used Flounders once and it was great. They don't put the baby on a schedule, they have a ton of toys and a caring staff. I wouldn't hesitate using them. The only drawback was limited hours (brunch at Palo's conflicted with their hours)

They offer a pack and play for a crib and diaper genies but you have to ask for them. We brought a stroller and jars of baby food on board which worked out great. It was also a great chance for our little girl to try new foods. We loved dinner because she was always trying something new. We had late seating which was perfect for us because we are from California. The servers were great, actually everyone was great with her.

We sailed 12/8 and it was in the low 80's perfect!

Let me know if you have any specific ?'s. I'd be happy to answer them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!