Traveling with Food Allergies at Disneyworld and Disneyland including Disney Resorts

Larry Welnowski

Mickey Buff
Hello all! I'd like to provide a space for those of you traveling to Disneyworld or Disneyland with Food Allergies! We have been to Disney 10+ times with my son who is allergic to milk, peanuts, tree nuts, and sesame. He was also allergic to eggs for our first 5 trips but has since outgrown. Disney chefs are true leaders in the areas of food allergic cooking, cross contamination, and sourcing information. I'd be happy to answer any questions people have regarding this topic. I am not an expert, just a happy Disney parent who loves that I can actually take my son somewhere on vacation where he can literally have 100+ choices to dine. Thanks for having this great forum!

Hello! Bit of a dig up on this post, but worth a shot. My 13 month old has severe food allergies so I plan to bring food into the parks. How best can I keep his food chilled considering the resort fridges aren’t cold enough to free ice packs each night? Thx!

Every Resort has ice machines scattered about that are free to use.

Bring clean plastic bags and fill them with ice and then dump the ice into your cooler pack. (bring *foodsafe* bags, like 1 gallon ziplock bags - don't try to fill a Walmart or Target bag with ice because it won't be sanitary)

If you are trying to keep ice packs cold, you can always fill a bag with ice, and then bury the ice packs in the bag; just leave them in the sink or shower in case the bag leaks. Alternately, overnight, you can fill the sink with ice, and just let it drain; a quick rinse with hot water in the morning means you can brush your teeth without feeling like a penguin.

You *may* be able to ask Bell Services at your Resort if they can keep ice packs in their freezer for you, however be sure to build in extra time to drop off/retrieve ice packs with them daily. Additionally, I would bring along a ziplock bag and mark it (using a Sharpie) with your family's last name and room number to make it easier for them to find - and to keep your ice packs away from any potential contamination.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter