• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Traveling with a Diabtic Family Member

bucky1023

DIS Veteran
I will be visiting Disney this July and staying at the Contemporary. My mother is a diabetic and takes insulin two times a day. Normally when traveling she carries all her needles used during the trip back with her to dispose of properly at home. I read on one of the web sites that the resort will supply a syringe disposal container if requested. Is this true and if so who would I speak with to request this service.

princess:

Yes, this is true. I normally ask for one when I book and then remind them at check in.

As soon as you get to your room call Housekeeping and tell them you need a "Sharps Container" for used insulin syringes. They will bring one to the room, and they will properly dispose of it when you leave.

Also, you might want to call Special Reservations art 407-939-7807 and they can arrange for a refrigerator at no charge. HOWEVER, once the refrigerator is in the room and plugged in make sure the thermostat is set to the middle; sometimes they will set it to "maximum cold" and this can cause the insulin to freeze.

Great!! I know that it is not that big of a deal to carry them back with us, but it just makes it one less thing to have to worry about. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter