Traveling to Mexico with Tree Nut Allergy

sloneta

Mouseketeer
Hello-

I am wondering if any of you may know of some resources. My daughter is allergic to tree nuts (not peanuts). We are traveling to an all-inclusive resort in Mexico (Cancun), and I would like to be able to present information to the restaurants at the resort and any other place we may go that would convey the allergy in Spanish.

Does anyone know of any good resources for such information or have any practical experience?

Thanks!

My son is allergic to dairy and eggs. We've been to Mexico twice.
The first time, it was not at an all-inclusive, and we honestly had a hard time finding plain foods for him to eat. Second trip, at the all-inclusive, it was much easier. They couldn't always provide ingredient information (so I'd pretty much stay away from anything that may be dangerous, like baked goods in particular). He did much better at the all-inclusive buffets though! It was actually a great time!
Even at McDonald's in Cancun, they couldn't give us any information on hamburger buns, like they do in the US, so it was really hard. All-inclusive buffet always had plain meats, fruits, well, lots of stuff he liked! I think you should be okay at buffets, but I'd suggest getting in touch with the resort ahead of time if you can to see about ingredient info.
It definitely isn't quite as easy as Disney, but the buffet was great with lots of choices. The sit down dinners we did sucked, but I think that's typical with a mid-priced AI resort!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter