Traveling Amtrak

BarryCF

Let's Buy DVC!!
Hey guys...Have any of you ever taken a train to WDW? I'm thinking about it because I can get a good rate ($204rt) and I've always wanted to take a train. Am I crazy? I don't really want to fly because if I look out my window and see nothing but water I may have a heart attack:eek: and flying from Houston I'm afraid they'll fly out over the Gulf of Mexico. Also, are there shuttles going from the Amtrak station in Orlando to Hotels in or out of WDW or do I have to take a taxi and what will it cost me? Any info is appreciated.

Cheers!

Hi Barry

Welcome to DIS!! I travelled by train from Boston last Nov. and loved it. If you're not in a hurry, it's very relaxing...you can get up and walk around, hang out in the lounge car, have dinner, etc. As far as shuttles or town cars go, I'm not sure since my brother lives down there and picked me up when the train arrived. :smooth:

travelin' tigger.....how long did it take from Boston (just curious)? I'm in PA. I wouldn't mind taking the train.

jmkst58:

The trip was about 26 hours from just outside Boston to Deland, FL (where my brother picked me up). I think it's another 1/2 hour to Orlando. I had a 2 hour layover at Union Station in Washington...they had to switch trains (from Acela Regional) to diesel for the rest of the trip. :smooth:

Train from Philly to Orlando takes about 21 hrs. (on a good day, lol)

If you go coach take a blanket as the cars are cold. Cost from $200 to $250 for rd. trip / sm. sleeper for two is about $900 / lg. sleeper for two about $1300. We always take lg. sleeper. (both sleepers have their own bathroom) Meals are included with sleeper price.

It is a lot of money but I stopped flying about 10 years ago. You can't get me on a plane.
I'm on vacation so the extra money is just part of treating myself.

I love the train. The coach seats are comfortable but the bathrooms that are shared by all are not clean at all. No amount of complaining to Amtrak has had much effect.

We weren't going to go this year but just now (30 minutes ago) made a call and got Dixie (oops Riverside) for 10 nights for $932. Already have AP, so off we go on May 29th.

Can't wait only 26 days away. Usually we're counting down from 150 days, lol.

jumpinggreens.gif
jumpinggreens.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter