Travel Times to parks

Is this right:
If we stay in say 1500, we would get on the bus at the bus stop outside that loop and take it to A) Marina if going to MK, then ride the boat. Or B) The Settlement and get in line for the bus going to the other parks.

Is that right?

I am having a hard time figuring out how big the Fort is in relation to square miles and walking time.
Bikes are free, but we have to decide how we are going to get our stroller around.

Buses won't take you to the marina area?

They will take you to the marina, also called Settlement, from there you can take boat to MK, WL, Cont., also bus service to WL. HDD is also there along with TE and Tri-Cirle D where the pony rides and stables are.

They will take you to the marina, also called Settlement, from there you can take boat to MK, WL, Cont., also bus service to WL. HDD is also there along with TE and Tri-Cirle D where the pony rides and stables are.

AH! I was looking at a map and I swear it had the Settlement up at the front so I was confused. I think I just read it wrong.
YES- bus to the front to go everywhere else.

According to a Google map walking distance search- if we are in 1500 OR 200, we are only looking at a 10 minute walk to the marina or depot. So unless it is raining, I think we would just do that rather than wait for an internal bus and fight the stroller twice. We are trying to pack minimal so we will have the kid's scooters so they can zoom around but we will not be bringing the bikes this time.

How often do internal busses run?

About every 10 minutes. There are three routes the busses take in the campground with 2 busses on each route, depending on what loop you are in. If you are lucky enough to get the 1500 like you are hoping for, the marquee on the bus will say Yellow then the destination, Outpost ,Settlement. The 2000 loop is purple and the other route is orange. Both the purple and orange bus goes through the cabin areas.

The busses run in opposite directions of one another, so one bus on the route will be going toward the Settlement while the other is heading for the Outpost, and they do that all day long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter