Travel sim

BecBennett

Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
What travel sim have those that have been to China used? I've been looking at this one, but can't tell if it can be extended longer than 7 days - some reviews have said that they recharged it but that could mean they added more data within the 7 days :confused3

I really want one with a built in vpn.

I bought that SIM card. I wasn't able to add more days. You are supposed to be able to add more days, but the website would fail when it tried to authenticate my visa cards. I tried two different cards, and both came back with errors. Buy 2 or buy one that includes more days. I think there is a 30 day card. Also, it is data ONLY, you can NOT make phone calls with the SIM card, even though you are assigned a phone number. This card doesn't include a VPN, it just has a Hong Kong phone number assigned to it, so you can get through the Great Firewall.

Get an actual VPN for security purposes. We used Express VPN and had VyprVPN as a back up. You need to download and sign up for both before you go. A VPN protects your privacy and information and even works for WiFi connections.

This card doesn't include a VPN, it just has a Hong Kong phone number assigned to it, so you can get through the Great Firewall.

Are you sure that's how it works? Wouldn't then any sim card from another country work? Because I don't think they do.

Yes. After my my China/Hong Kong SIM card expired and I wasn't able to top up, I used my regular US Verizon service and could get through the Great Firewall. YMMV, depending on carrier, or if conditions change, etc. However, if you are using WiFi, you can NOT get through, you MUST have a VPN app, such as Express VPN or VyprVPN. As for using a SIM card from any other country, you have to look at each SIM card/carrier to see if it works in China or not.

Are you sure that's how it works? Wouldn't then any sim card from another country work? Because I don't think they do.

Yes, I was just roaming through my German provider since we were only in China for a few days. I had no issues with the firewall. When I was using wifi at the Toy Story Hotel certain websites would not work, so I could tell the difference. So, same experience as @DizDragonfly. So, if I wanted to access something while at the hotel that was blocked (in my case mainly twitter), then I would just switch of wifi on the phone and reconnect once I was done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!