Travel Purse/bag recommendations?

Donalyn

DIS Veteran
For the past 20 years or so, when we are traveling and doing major touring (read WDW trips, state fair, etc.), I have used a Coach backpack. It fits an SLR camera/lens, my sunglasses case, travel wallet, epi pens, phone, some misc. stuff. It is very tight, but it all fits. But it isn't the most secure bag and is a little worse for wear at this point.

So, looking for recommendations, keeping in mind that I will need to have space for the same stuff.

Any thoughts?

For the past 20 years or so, when we are traveling and doing major touring (read WDW trips, state fair, etc.), I have used a Coach backpack. It fits an SLR camera/lens, my sunglasses case, travel wallet, epi pens, phone, some misc. stuff. It is very tight, but it all fits. But it isn't the most secure bag and is a little worse for wear at this point.

So, looking for recommendations, keeping in mind that I will need to have space for the same stuff.

Any thoughts?

If you haven’t already looked into PacSafe, I would recommend checking them out. All of my travel purses and backpacks are from them. I like that I can lock the zippers, they’re slash proof, and have RFID pockets. While I’m always vigilant, I don’t worry too much about pickpockets and always keep my zippers locked. They can be a little expensive, but to me they’re worth it. I’ve been traveling with them for 10 years and haven’t managed to wear one out yet.

I have a Pacsafe Citysafe 200 GII Anti-Theft bag I use when I carry my SLR camera. I also have a small Travelon crossbody for when I'm not carrying a lot. I would recommend both brands.

If you haven’t already looked into PacSafe, I would recommend checking them out. All of my travel purses and backpacks are from them. I like that I can lock the zippers, they’re slash proof, and have RFID pockets. While I’m always vigilant, I don’t worry too much about pickpockets and always keep my zippers locked. They can be a little expensive, but to me they’re worth it. I’ve been traveling with them for 10 years and haven’t managed to wear one out yet.

I'm really glad that you mentioned that you've traveled with them for so long. I've got a slash-proof Pacsafe bag and I got concerned when I read a post that I think was on here. The person was saying they had a lot of trouble getting through a foreign airport's security because the agents didn't like how much metal was in the bag. Meaning the wire mesh and steel cables in the straps.

I have a PacSafe purse as well as the camera backpack! They are great and I would definitely recommend them! I've never had any issues at airport security with them and we travel overseas quite a bit.

A metal mesh won't help if the entire purse is stolen from the back of a chair.

How you handle a purse if more important than the brand.

-Paul

My Pacsafe is slash resistant, etc. I've never had an issue with any security here or overseas. I also like that the strap can be opened then locked, allowing me to weave it into whatever chair back I'm using. You'd have to steal the whole chair.

My Pacsafe is slash resistant, etc. I've never had an issue with any security here or overseas. I also like that the strap can be opened then locked, allowing me to weave it into whatever chair back I'm using. You'd have to steal the whole chair.

Exactly what I was going to say. My day pack lets me to do the same thing.

I'm really glad that you mentioned that you've traveled with them for so long. I've got a slash-proof Pacsafe bag and I got concerned when I read a post that I think was on here. The person was saying they had a lot of trouble getting through a foreign airport's security because the agents didn't like how much metal was in the bag. Meaning the wire mesh and steel cables in the straps.

That’s interesting. I’ve never had a problem going through security with my pacsafe bags. When I fly, I actually travel with my pacsafe crossbody bag inside my pacsafe backpack. I usually travel internationally twice a year and have been to numerous countries. It’d be interesting to know which country didn’t like the bags.

That’s interesting. I’ve never had a problem going through security with my pacsafe bags. When I fly, I actually travel with my pacsafe crossbody bag inside my pacsafe backpack. I usually travel internationally twice a year and have been to numerous countries. It’d be interesting to know which country didn’t like the bags.

I can't find the post now. That's great to hear because I love my crossbody bag.

We use a few different PacSafe products: I have two different cross-body purses (one more rectangular, one more ovoid). The ovoid one is fairly flat to my body and very soft-sided but doesn't hold very much partly because of its shape. I mostly use this for WDW. The rectangular one was able to hold my phone, a Pacsafe wallet with chain and clip, sunglasses, battery pack for iPhone, and a few other items. It also comes in a slightly larger size that would probably hold a camera depending on its size. DH has a cross-body bag that he uses to carry a small camera, sunglasses, wallet (also PacSafe with chain and clip) and a few other small items. I love PacSafe and have 3-4 other items including backpack which I use everywhere now. The locking zipper is a great feature and we both felt very comfortable when travelling everywhere in Italy on trains. We could just focus on our suitcases and be pretty hands-free since the bag slings across your front. They come in so many different sizes and shapes, you would probably be able to find something that fits everything.

My go-to travel bags are all Tom Bihn. Not cheap but then again, neither is ABD :P
I took a look at those, and they all seem to be airplane carry-on/personal item type bags, not an actual travel purse that you can carry around with you during the day. Am I missing something?

Thanks!
Sayhello

I took a look at those, and they all seem to be airplane carry-on/personal item type bags, not an actual travel purse that you can carry around with you during the day. Am I missing something?

Thanks!
Sayhello
The Luminary backpack is my favorite for travel. I also like the small cafe bag and the travel cubelet when I don’t need to carry as much stuff.

I love my PacSafe travel purses, I have a few in different sizes based on my needs. I also always pack a Longchamp backpack that folds into a square. It easily fits into my carryon tote or backpack and is great for day trips or beach days when you need something a bit bigger than your purse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!