Travel Package through Costco

sunshiinedaydream

Mouseketeer
has anyone purchased a Disneyland good neighbor package through Costco before with tickets? I purchased using this for 4/30-5/5 but I’m not sure how/when we get the tickets, landyards, gift card and whatever else. Anyone book a package this way recently and receive in mail?

Our first couple of trips I booked packages through AAA, but as the years went by and I knew more (or better!) we've purchased items separately. I still price out packages just to make sure I'm getting the best deal by doing it this way. Costco has never ended up being less for us (even with whatever gift card or other offers have been thrown in at the time). Now I did just purchase a air/hotel package (with airline) that put us in a more expensive hotel (and one I've been wanting to try - Hotel Indigo) for less than our air and hotel alone with my original choice hotel for our September trip. Sometimes there is a perk or offer for a specific hotel that can really be a great deal and booking air and hotel together ends up being more economical, but I've never found Costco to be in that category. Plus I always find a wider range of airfare choices directly through the airline with or without a package of any kind.

I will purchase our tickets through LMTC and book our shuttle from SNA separately as well.

Well like I said it’s already purchased. And the hotels for the dates we were wanting were much more than what the DL Costco good neighbor package was offering. We drive from AZ so normally would purchase separately but I priced tickets at around $800 for 4 days with maxpass and motels in the area were about $800 too so basically we are staying in a nicer hotel and getting the gc for the same prices as a motel.

However I did call number as first reply said and found that tickets, gc, and extras are waiting at front desk when you check in.

has anyone purchased a Disneyland good neighbor package through Costco before with tickets? I purchased using this for 4/30-5/5 but I’m not sure how/when we get the tickets, landyards, gift card and whatever else. Anyone book a package this way recently and receive in mail?

I'd just call Costco Travel direct they were very quick to answer my questions when I used them in the past, 1-866-921-7925.
I agree with the suggestion to call Costco Travel directly for an answer. We have posters here who use Costco Travel regularly and are very happy with their packages. But the other posters are correct to point out that once you get the hang of DLR, you can usually beat a package price (sometimes by quite a bit!) by booking everything separately yourself. Booking things yourself is like a challenge game with a terrific prize (amount saved = bonus $ for the parks!) at the end. :)

Does anyone know if something is going on that first week of May? Seems like there is extremely low hotel availability. Now I’m scared because I thought this would be a nice sweet spot between spring break and grad nights/swge/summer vaca.

Just did this last November at Courtyard Marriott Anaheim Theme Park Entrance. Got our tickets and everything at the front desk at check in.

As for what’s going on that week, my best guess is that it’s just Disneyland and there’s not really an off season or true sweet spots these days.

Does anyone know if something is going on that first week of May? Seems like there is extremely low hotel availability. Now I’m scared because I thought this would be a nice sweet spot between spring break and grad nights/swge/summer vaca.
Don't be scared -- crowds at DLR are crowds at DLR -- it is what it is. The only one who decides whether you have fun is you! You're here doing your trip planning, and that means you're already off to a very good start! Do your research, make your plans, have a plan A and a plan B (just in case), then bring lots of patience and a positive attitude, get ready to go with the flow, and let the magic happen! You'll be fine.

@sunshiinedaydream reality is that Disneyland/World are always busy now. But that said you can still enjoy your trip, you've got plenty of days to enjoy the parks and see and do it all. theluckyrabbit is 100% right, have a plan and have some options in case things don't work out, but going with the flow and not getting worked up is a great way to tackle Disney.

you will get your tickets sand package at the hotel. It is not just Costco it is Disney packages and the ones Costco sell are Disney packages. I almost always book through them I have received really really deals.

you will get your tickets sand package at the hotel. It is not just Costco it is Disney packages and the ones Costco sell are Disney packages. I almost always book through them I have received really really deals.
Yes exactly! Actually the number called sent me to Disney reservations. Glad to hear everything will be there waiting for us (even if I’m anxious to have everything in hand!)

@sunshiinedaydream reality is that Disneyland/World are always busy now. But that said you can still enjoy your trip, you've got plenty of days to enjoy the parks and see and do it all. theluckyrabbit is 100% right, have a plan and have some options in case things don't work out, but going with the flow and not getting worked up is a great way to tackle Disney.
Definitely crowded is now the norm and no such thing as “ghost town”. A majority of the times I’ve been have been for Christmas Day and even went to the 24 hour day in 2014. But those times we were without kiddos. Was just hoping I had found a low key week like I’m seeing on the app the last two days. It seems to be great crowds right now I wonder if anyone’s been the last two days and can confirm. But we do have maxpass and we are ready with a plan of action. I’m more worried for DH who doesn’t do well in crowds. He hates going to Costco haha!

Well, I'm thinking it may be that a lot of people want to get in a last trip before SW:GE opens. It's also maybe getting into grad night groups? And probably also nearing the time when some of the APs will be blocked, so I'm sure it's a combination of factors but as everyone has said, DLR is just busy!

I've been happy with Costco packages. I always check their rates and sometimes they beat my separate bookings because of the gift card and character meal vouchers (which I use for regular dining). As you mentioned, it also makes sense sometimes when the hotels are otherwise booked up or close to it. Have a great trip!

I’m more worried for DH who doesn’t do well in crowds. He hates going to Costco haha!
I can relate totally. Same people that plug the aisles at Costco go to Disney too. One thing I'd suggest if he starts getting anxious let him kick back and chill out, there are some places to do that and just people watch.

I've been happy with Costco packages. I always check their rates and sometimes they beat my separate bookings because of the gift card and character meal vouchers (which I use for regular dining). As you mentioned, it also makes sense sometimes when the hotels are otherwise booked up or close to it. Have a great trip!
Plus Costco usually negotiates for better rooms and views. We used Costco for our Disney World strip at the Swan, while not a killer deal the value adds were enough for me to feel good about things and we loved our room.

Hi!
This freaked me out a little last year. Disney now sends your package to the hotel. When you check in they will hand it to you. I think they must have had trouble hand delivering packages so now you get them at you hotel.

We just got back traveling on a Costco package. Nothing came ahead in the mail. Tickets, Disney gift card, and vouchers for lanyards were in the packet given to us at check-in. The tickets were actual tickets and you can go straight to the gate with them to get your photo taken. The lanyard vouchers can be redeemed at World of Disney in Downtown Disney or the main gift shops in either park. Just go up to a cashier.

It was definitely cheaper going with a Costco package. The ticket value is* the same as buying from the parks, but the hotel was a much better deal than booking everything separately. Factoring in the Disney gift card, it was a no-brainer.

*EDIT: Sorry don't know what I was thinking when I wrote that reply. The ticket value definitely isn't the same as buying from the parks and if you use the tickets to upgrade to a pass, you'll get less than face value. Our 5-day PH were valued at $289/ea. Looking at the historical prices at the time, they were $370 face value from Disney. It was still a better deal than buying tickets and hotel room separately.

Last edited:
We have used Costco packages from our past 3 trips - we just got back and this is the first time they didn’t mail our tickets, vouchers, etc ahead of time. We picked up everything at GCH at check in. I priced out our hotel/tickets and Costco was cheaper for us

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!