Travel documents

Dimplenose

Stranger from the outside
As the date of our trip gets closer my level of panic is rising!

I think I'm Ok with the following but just wanted to check while there's still a little time ........

1. Kids still on my passport is it OK

2. is the visa waiver scheme still in operation for UK citizens

3. are pink driving licences accepted by car hire firms

4. I have no photo ID whatsoever for the kids (aged 8 and 11) will this be a problem?

If anyone who has been out since Sept 11th could reassure me (or otherwise!) I'd be grateful.

Thanks Libby

Libby, can only answer 2 and 3.

Yes visa waiver scheme is still in operation and yes pink driving licences are accepted for car hire. If you have the new type( credit card type) be sure to take the paper part with you as they need both bits.

With regards to point 4 the only time we were asked for photo ID was when we checked into Wilderness Lodge and then I think it was only the driver. Other than that we were never bothered.

We were there in Jan and are going again in a couple of weeks and noticed the only difference you will see is the increase in security at the airports, resorts and parks. It will take you no more than a few more minutes than usual to get thro the queues.

David:)

Answer to 1.

Yep, kids on your passport is still ok. Kids only need their own passport once your current one runs out and you have to renew..

Tony

Last time we went was last August but my kids were OK on my passport, still used visa waiver, they accepted my pink driving licence and only photo ID children had was my sons high school photo ID he needs to access the computer room at school.

Hope this helps

Thanks for all your replies. I thought I would be safe with my documents but I always start to get panicky near to travel dates.

I'm waiting to get a new driving license as I can't find my old one. The lady at the post office said it usually only takes 2 weeks - but I paid the extra fee so I wouldn't be without my passport too. (I went last week so it shouldn't be too long now)

I'm sure I'll find something else to worry about soon!!!

thanks again

Libby

Hi Libby,

We recently changed our driving licenses for the new photocard ones and did the same as you, via the Post Office - they came back in just over a week.

The visa waiver scheme is for visitors from certain countries, including the UK, who can enter the USA without a visa from their local USA embassy. All you need to do is fill out a white (or is it green?) form which your airline will give you before you land. You then hand this form into US Immigration Service when you arrive at your US airport. You will need (a) your passport number, (b) your address when staying in the USA and (c) a pen to fill out the form.

Regards

Rob

I think you've got all your answers. My dd doesn't have a photo id as she is on my passport and it was never a problem.

bev

Originally posted by rob@rar.org.uk
The visa waiver scheme is for visitors from certain countries, including the UK, who can enter the USA without a visa from their local USA embassy. All you need to do is fill out a white (or is it green?) form which your airline will give you before you land. You then hand this form into US Immigration Service when you arrive at your US airport. You will need (a) your passport number, (b) your address when staying in the USA and (c) a pen to fill out the form.

Regards

Rob

Its green. There is also a white form to fill in for customs.
They are quite straightforward to fill in.
(Don't tell my wife I said that - I mess one up every time!!!!)

Immigration don't accept changes or alterations to the forms so if you make a mistake you tear it up and start again.

Just to let you know that I applied for a replacement license on a Monday and it arrived the Wednesday of the following week.:)

I'm just a bit annoyed that my address is printed on both the card and the paper part. The reason I misplaced the first one was because I won't keep anything with my address on in my handbag as that's where I keep my house keys!

Still the new license is now safely stored with my passport.

Libby

When you're checking in to your flight ask for a couple of green forms so you can do them before you fly - or just to practice on as they sometimes don't have enough to give you another one on the plane if you muck it up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter