Travel between Epcot and MK

slpeters

DIS Veteran
Looking to hop from Epcot to MK after Illuminations. Should we just exit through FW and take the monorail or exit through IG and get a bus from Boardwalk?

Is one way easier or faster than the other?

If you're closer to the IG then definitely take a bus from BC,but if you're by the front of Epcot do the monorail.

Thanks for the info - we're going to Hoop De Doo from EPCOT and I was originally thinking we would take the monorail to the MK and the boat over to HDDR, but now thinking we might walk to the BC and take a bus to MK instead (to catch the boat to FW).

I would take the monorail even if I was standing right next to International Gateway. It is a 5 minute walk to the bus stop at BC, then it might be a 2 minute wait for a bus or it might be a 20 minute wait, then it is 10-15 minutes to MK (assuming no other stops on the way). I try to avoid Disney buses at all costs. I get really antsy waiting for them to show up. If that doesn't bother you though . . . .

Thanks for the info - we're going to Hoop De Doo from EPCOT and I was originally thinking we would take the monorail to the MK and the boat over to HDDR, but now thinking we might walk to the BC and take a bus to MK instead (to catch the boat to FW).

Is there a reason you don't want to take the bus from Epcot to Ft Wilderness?
Just wondering :)

The bus to Ft. Wilderness would terminate at Ft. Wilderness entrance (Outpost) area, then there would need to be a second bus (Internal Bus) taken to the Settlement area (Pioneer Hall/Hoop) of Ft. W, which also makes many stops at various camp sites before it finally gets to Settlement.

It can be more picturesque, unusual and fun (to many guests) to take the boat from MK to Ft. Wilderness.

FtW-EWS-WL-Parkg_062512.jpg

Good to know, I didn't realize there would be a second bus so I am glad I asked! We are going to HDDMR in December but probably on our MK day.

If going from Epcot - I would still consider the 2 buses over 2 monorails and a boat, although I agree the boat ride is appealing! This is also when a Minnie Van would be high in the running for us.

The bus to Ft. Wilderness would terminate at Ft. Wilderness entrance (Outpost) area, then there would need to be a second bus (Internal Bus) taken to the Settlement area (Pioneer Hall/Hoop) of Ft. W, which also makes many stops at various camp sites before it finally gets to Settlement.

It can be more picturesque, unusual and fun (to many guests) to take the boat from MK to Ft. Wilderness.
FtW-EWS-WL-Parkg_062512.jpg

I really wish there was some kind of walkway from the EPCOT resorts area to the Monorail station. My kids are all for riding the monorail as much as possible.

Good to know, I didn't realize there would be a second bus so I am glad I asked! We are going to HDDMR in December but probably on our MK day.

If going from Epcot - I would still consider the 2 buses over 2 monorails and a boat, although I agree the boat ride is appealing! This is also when a Minnie Van would be high in the running for us.
It would be two monorails or one monorail and a boat.

I'm going to tag onto this with a related but specific timing question. We're looking at doing Candlelight Processional at 6:45 and then want to hop over to see HEA at MK after that as it is really our only opportunity to see HEA during our trip.

We are staying at POP and do have a rental car and one of the reasons we like having a vehicle is so that we don't have to wait for a bus with the rest of the world leaving MK after the fireworks. But I feel like the logistics of this day are a bit weird since we are at the furthest end of Epcot from the parking lot and wanting to hop to MK.

So would it be best to park at Epcot and just walk through the park to the parking lot so we can drive over? Park at MK and take the monorail to and from Epcot? Park at MK and take a bus from BC to MK? Suck it up, leave the car at the hotel and take a bus home from MK as well? I'm also not opposed to paying for an Uber from BC to MK but only if it significantly increases our chances of making it for the fireworks and/or significantly cuts down on a bunch of walking.

Looking to hop from Epcot to MK after Illuminations. Should we just exit through FW and take the monorail or exit through IG and get a bus from Boardwalk?

Is one way easier or faster than the other?
I have found the monorail to be faster (no bag check) as long as the park is not crazy busy!

I'm going to tag onto this with a related but specific timing question. We're looking at doing Candlelight Processional at 6:45 and then want to hop over to see HEA at MK after that as it is really our only opportunity to see HEA during our trip.

We are staying at POP and do have a rental car and one of the reasons we like having a vehicle is so that we don't have to wait for a bus with the rest of the world leaving MK after the fireworks. But I feel like the logistics of this day are a bit weird since we are at the furthest end of Epcot from the parking lot and wanting to hop to MK.

So would it be best to park at Epcot and just walk through the park to the parking lot so we can drive over? Park at MK and take the monorail to and from Epcot? Park at MK and take a bus from BC to MK? Suck it up, leave the car at the hotel and take a bus home from MK as well? I'm also not opposed to paying for an Uber from BC to MK but only if it significantly increases our chances of making it for the fireworks and/or significantly cuts down on a bunch of walking.

I think I would park at the TTC, take the monorail to Epcot, and then after the CP walk over to BC and take the bus to MK.

If you take the bus from EPCOT to FW, then you have to take a second bus from the front of FW to the area where Hoop De Doo is located, correct? I might be misinformed - but I thought taking the monorail to MK and the boat directly to the location of Hoop De Doo (because of where the boat drops off) would be faster than waiting for a bus outside of EPCOT to go to the front of FW, then having to wait for a second bus to go to the Hoo De Doo area of FW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!