• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Travel Agents and ADR questions?

ChrystalUnicorn

Mouseketeer
Hi,
We are heading to Disney for our first trip in September 2010.
I decided to go through a licensed Disney Agent. He gave me our booking number but I can't use it on the Disney site. Does that mean I can't make the ARD's myself?? Does my agent have to make them for me?
Any help would be great!! My 180 day mark is on Friday so I want to make sure I get the ADRs we want. I am from Canada if that makes any difference.
Thanks!

Your travel agent should have given you a confirmation number directly from Disney. I booked my trip through AAA, and she sent me a packet that was printed out from Disney, which gave my confirmation number as well as my hotel, dining, and park ticket information. Your travel agent should have given you something similar...

According to Disney, if you booked through a TA, that TA owns the reservation. Because of that you cannot pull up your vacation reservation on the Disney site. You can however still make your ADR's and any other reservations with your confirmation number. So for example if you want to make your ADRs for 180 + 10 on the Disney Dining website you will be able to enter your confirmation number and it will know your arrival date to allow for your 180 + 10. We booked our August trip with our AAA TA and she gave us the confirmation number, but I wanted to make my own ADR's, so on day 180 I went online (yes at 6:00 a.m.) and entered my confirmation number and made all of my ressies for all 8 days with no problem. :thumbsup2

According to Disney, if you booked through a TA, that TA owns the reservation. Because of that you cannot pull up your vacation reservation on the Disney site. You can however still make your ADR's and any other reservations with your confirmation number. So for example if you want to make your ADRs for 180 + 10 on the Disney Dining website you will be able to enter your confirmation number and it will know your arrival date to allow for your 180 + 10. We booked our August trip with our AAA TA and she gave us the confirmation number, but I wanted to make my own ADR's, so on day 180 I went online (yes at 6:00 a.m.) and entered my confirmation number and made all of my ressies for all 8 days with no problem. :thumbsup2

Thank you so much for your response. I just became so frustrated with a Live Disney Online person discussing this, that I had to kindly end the conversation before I couldn't be nice about it any longer. We too are booking with AAA - and I just want to be able to make my own dining ressies. I remember receiving the confirmation number last year, so I will just make sure to get it again this time. We're in Chicago and our AAA TA is in SC - I found her on a referral from this board, and she was fantastic for booking. It's just that I want to sit and play with my ressies to make sure it all works for us, and I don't want to over consume her on it - I prefer this part my way.

You do not necessary need your WDW confirmation number to make any ADR's. But then, we booked thru AAA and we have a Disney confirmation number on our AAA reservation which my agent emailed to me. Mine number begins with a number followed with 2 alphabets then a few more numbers. Finally, I made all my dining ADR's online with my email and phone number. Try calling your TA for that WDW confirmation number if you don't have one. Disney's CRO can locate your reservation with your name and some personal information. I am sure you can do your ADR's without them.

kittycat9 you are very welcome for the information. I am glad I could help.

Thanks this is very helpful information. I have gotten my booking number from my agent. But it will not work on the disney website yet when I call Disney the CM said it was the right booking number what gives??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter