Travel agent dropped the ball. Early dinner seating?

You know, it wouldn't hurt to give DCL a call. They'll answer your question for you and you'll have some peace of mind, even if it is only a wait-list.

Reason to assume your TA is saying you're on the wait-list if you're not? Was there reason to assume she'd drop the ball and you'd lose your cruise in the first place?

We booked an October cruise in February and late seating was all that was available, we have been on waitlist for early dining since then. I periodically confirm with my TA that we are still on the waitlist. Her most recent response to me was "As soon as I hear that you are confirmed for Main Dining, I will let you know." This makes me think she is optimistic. But if not before the cruise, I will be requesting it as soon as I board. My youngest is 4, I don't know if that is young enough to get me moved up the list.

Hmmm... Is there reason to believe she would confirm with me that I am on the waitlist if I'm not really?

Given that she has already in your own words "dropped the ball", I would say that is enough reason not to trust her.

Did I miss a post somewhere, because I am confused, I don't think @adg06 stated anything about their TA dropping the ball, it sounded like they just booked the cruise a bit later and early dining was waitlisted already.

@adg06 If early dining is important to you, it doesn't hurt to confirm you are indeed on the waitlist. But I do not believe you have any reason to think your TA is lying to you.

It's the title of the thread ;) And from the description, she really did... I hope she didn't have you pay for the extra costs?
Are Tucker24 (the OP of this thread) and adg06 the same person then? I thought it was two separate posters.

Are Tucker24 (the OP of this thread) and adg06 the same person then? I thought it was two separate posters.

Ah, I missed that.

But my answer kind of still stands.

If you don't trust your TA, I would not hesitate to check behind her/him.

But if you have worked with the TA before and had no problems and have no reason not to trust him/her, then you probably don't need to check behind for something like being wait listed for early dining.

Though I will note that it is a REQUEST and a WAITING LIST so don't assume your TA "dropped the ball" just because you didn't get changed - there are no guarantees that you will as they cannot just put more tables into an already full dining room. You could just as easily not be moved NOT using a TA and putting the request in yourself.

Yeah, I'm not the OP, my TA has not given me any reason not to trust her. I was just commenting based on my experience on the main dining waitlist so far. But agreed, it couldn't hurt to confirm anyway.

Yeah, I'm not the OP, my TA has not given me any reason not to trust her. I was just commenting based on my experience on the main dining waitlist so far. But agreed, it couldn't hurt to confirm anyway.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. :hug:

We booked an October cruise in February and late seating was all that was available, we have been on waitlist for early dining since then. I periodically confirm with my TA that we are still on the waitlist. Her most recent response to me was "As soon as I hear that you are confirmed for Main Dining, I will let you know." This makes me think she is optimistic. But if not before the cruise, I will be requesting it as soon as I board. My youngest is 4, I don't know if that is young enough to get me moved up the list.

They do not send notification when they change you to early seating via email or otherwise, but you can look on your MyDisneyCruise account under your reservation to see if it has been changed. It will read "Dining preference" and have either Main or Second so you can keep up on it yourself if you would like. Sometimes it changes after the paid in full date (which you already passed based on your October sail date)

They do not send notification when they change you to early seating via email or otherwise, but you can look on your MyDisneyCruise account under your reservation to see if it has been changed. It will read "Dining preference" and have either Main or Second so you can keep up on it yourself if you would like. Sometimes it changes after the paid in full date (which you already passed based on your October sail date)

That was our experience as well. I was surprised to find the change there.

That was our experience as well. I was surprised to find the change there.

It seems like DCL would actually send some form of communication regarding guests who are wait listed for dining requests, but they do not. They also do not send notifications of GTY cabin numbers once assigned.

When we were on the waitlist for first seating for our upcoming cruise, the fact we were waitlisted was listed under Dining Preferences when I logged into the DCL website. It may not move the ball forward on getting yourself into the first seating, but it's probably the easiest way to confirm you are actually on the waitlist as promised.

Sorry this happened but may I ask if you received email and mail updated from Disney? I do even though I booked through a TA and while I do expect my TA to remind me about my final payment those other reminders from Disney help as well.

When we were on the waitlist for first seating for our upcoming cruise, the fact we were waitlisted was listed under Dining Preferences when I logged into the DCL website.

Well, that is interesting, I can not see that I am waitlisted anywhere on my page. It lists my dining preference as Second Seating, with a hyperlink to Change Dining. When I click the hyperlink, Main Seating is grayed out, since it is not available. But I'm not seeing waitlisted anywhere? Maybe I do need to call DCL directly. :confused3

Well, that is interesting, I can not see that I am waitlisted anywhere on my page. It lists my dining preference as Second Seating, with a hyperlink to Change Dining. When I click the hyperlink, Main Seating is grayed out, since it is not available. But I'm not seeing waitlisted anywhere? Maybe I do need to call DCL directly. :confused3
It wasn't there either for me on the cruise that I was waitlisted, which was Jan 2017. Maybe it's something that used to be there long ago?
Oops - just re-read the earlier comment that sounds like it's an upcoming cruise, so forget what I said!

We booked our December 2017 cruise the end of June, and were waitlisted for Main Seating. I just saw today on the DCL website that we now have Main Seating Dining. It was just changed, no email or anything notifying me. So there is hope that it will happen - maybe soon ! Good luck !

DTA don't trust anyone.

These 2:
Indiana_jones_and_the_last_crusade_720p_www_yify_torrents_com_1_large-1024x435.png

Trusted these 2:
indiana-jones-and-the-last-crusade-billboard-holy-grail.jpg

Here's what happened then:
1601528637-indiana_l.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter