transportation to parks from cabins?

So it depends on where you are at in the fort - but you really have two choices - take bus to FW via boat to MK or take bus from front of FW to MK. I would hazard a guess 85 to 98.8372% go the boat route. This also leads to the option of riding your bikes or taking your golf cart... then catching the boat.

If you want a bus route to the MK, it's a three bus hop.

1. Internal bus within the Fort to the Settlement Bus Depot
  2. Change bus at the Settlement Depot across the other side of the bus stop to a bus that goes to the Wilderness Lodge (occasionally the bus in step 1 can become the bus in step 2 but ask your driver if you have a doubt).
  3. Change bus at Wilderness Lodge and take the one headed to MK.
We ask for a loop of the type we reserve near the Bay Lake/boat marina end of the Fort so we can make a short walk to the marina and boat to MK (it's the park we go to most often and drive to the rest).

Bama Ed

I don't believe there is a bus directly from FW to MK. The only bus route to the MK is as Ed described.

Had some poster from the Dis a month or so ago argue with me that there was a direct bus but I've never seen it unless it's new since my last visit. He also was "authority" on it as he claimed to be a former bus driver at DW, but we know that probably answered it all.

I think, tiggerdad, in the evening hours there is a direct MK - FW bus (along with the boat) to take people over for HDDR but in the morning there is NO direct bus to MK. Disney wants to make it easy to spend money whether it's for HDDR or over to Disney Springs in the evenings after the parks close to buy overpriced booze and souvenirs.

Same reason goes for the mornings when there is a direct boat from FW to the Contemp it's because they want to make it easy to get to Chef Mickey's for breakfast and not to take walkers to the CR dock and let them walk to MK.

After breakfast hours the FW-CR boat adds the WL and makes three stops then reverses direction after lunch. So it's not about convenience, per se, it's about the almighty dollar.

Bama Ed

I don't believe there is a bus directly from FW to MK. The only bus route to the MK is as Ed described.

Had some poster from the Dis a month or so ago argue with me that there was a direct bus but I've never seen it unless it's new since my last visit. He also was "authority" on it as he claimed to be a former bus driver at DW, but we know that probably answered it all.

We just returned from WDW 3 weeks ago and there was no direct bus from the Outpost at that time, even though they do show a MK icon on the bus arrival time board (no time posted). But hey, who are we to argue with an authority. When I was working as a principal, everyone knew that if you wanted the authoritative scoop, ask the custodians or.............the bus drivers.:rotfl2:

Okay Ed, that makes sense. I just knew I had never seen it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter