Transportation to/from airport from Universal Resort

If you hire Tony, make the request for car seat and booster seat when you book him

So I emailed Tony for one-way transportation on the day we arrive and it is $60.
Uber XL estimate is just over $40.
I think I would rather book ahead and have Tony waiting, even though I don't think we will make a grocery stop.

Tony is wonderful. We have used him on numerous occasions and also for transportation from Disney hotels to Universal hotels. He has always been on time and waiting--in fact, it seems he usually gets to our hotel about 15 minutes before our departure time. And he is so nice and informative, giving tips about the parks, etc.

So I emailed Tony for one-way transportation on the day we arrive and it is $60.
Uber XL estimate is just over $40.
I think I would rather book ahead and have Tony waiting, even though I don't think we will make a grocery stop.
Depending on how long you are staying, a rental car may be cheaper and then you could venture out whenever and wherever you wanted including a grocery stop.

Depending on how long you are staying, a rental car may be cheaper and then you could venture out whenever and wherever you wanted including a grocery stop.
I don't think we would use a car while at Universal. Last time I was there I used the bus, boat, or walked. I also hate the idea of paying for parking at the hotel with a car that is just sitting there. But I only need one-way, because we are heading to Tampa at the end of our trip and will grab a rental car then to drive to visit family.

I am just back from my Universal vacation and had to do a quick post to thank those of you who recommended Tony Hinds - what a gentleman! I hired Tony for a return trip - MCO to/from Cabana Bay. We knew he employs other drivers as well, so we felt lucky to have "the man himself" waiting for us by the baggage carousel with a big smile and a warm welcome. He also picked us up for our return at 5:30 am with the same positive attitude. I will definitely book Tony again if we need transportation on future trips and would have no qualms with recommending him to others.

Would anyone feel comfortable sharing how much they tip Tony or his drivers? We have a January trip coming up and we are booked with him. Going from MCO to RPR. Then RPR to Port Canaveral. Then PC to Bay Lake tower. We plan to do a grocery trip for each leg. I know everyone is different just looking for a general idea.
We rarely ever take cabs/Uber’s so not sure what the norm is.

So in the past I have recommended the superstar shuttle, but after my recent experience unless you are arriving at the normal hours I would not do it again.

I arrived at about 11:15 PM (well before my 11:40 scheduled time with the shuttle) into Orlando and called them when I got to the luggage carousel. The said to call them once I got my luggage - but they took my info.
Luggage was a bit messed up and I called them again at Midnight from the area they told me to go to.
Then then told me to go to another area and I would be called by a taxi with pickup info.
After 30 minutes I called them again as I had heard nothing.
They told me to go to the taxi stand the dispatcher would sort it out - no such luck - he had no idea what I was talking about and and we really could not communicate. After several more calls I finally got the taxi to Aventura and arrived at 1:45AM to the hotel - about the same length of time of my flight to get from MCO to Universal.

I'v read a lot of complaints in the past about the shuttle and I can see why - when it works its fine - but when it does not it is a total mess.
And of course since the Hotel is Loews and not Universal it is not really a hotel issue so they really cant do much for you.
Still Aventura was great and did take great care of me. Still it took days to get caught back up after that - especially with late night HHN.

In the future Ill do Uber or Tony Hinds I think

Does anyone know if Tony will pick up at 1am? I’m hoping Southwest lowers prices on earlier flights but I’m trying to think of “worst-case” scenarios.

We're staying at HRH for 2 weeks but will visit WDW for 4, maybe 5 days. I was adding up the cost of daily rtn uber/lyft journeys plus magic bands etc and decided to look at Disney Hotel prices and found 3 nights ASM for €360 (2 of us) so booked that and am very happy - just 2 uber/lyft journeys and after a stay in a value resort it will be even better returning to HRH afterwards.

A couple of Uber questions...

We will be taking an Uber car from Sapphire Falls to MCO on Thursday 12/5. Flying SW, 8:00 am flight, 2 adults and no checked bags. What time should we request our ride?

We want to go to Disney Springs to shop and have dinner one night. Any ideas what the fare would be? I read that you can check estimated fares in the app, but I didn't find a place to do that.

A couple of Uber questions...

We will be taking an Uber car from Sapphire Falls to MCO on Thursday 12/5. Flying SW, 8:00 am flight, 2 adults and no checked bags. What time should we request our ride?

We want to go to Disney Springs to shop and have dinner one night. Any ideas what the fare would be? I read that you can check estimated fares in the app, but I didn't find a place to do that.

My experience with airport Uber is that there's always someone nearby, especially during peak daytime hours. I just wait until we've landed and request the ride when I've exited the jetway. They're typically at the pickup place by the time I get there. Once they beat me there, which was a little embarrassing. :) I don't like to request any earlier than that in case of flight or taxiing delays.

I'd suggest using the website instead of the app to estimate the fares. Just google "lyft/uber fare estimate" and it'll take you to the right page (I don't remember, are direct links allowed in the forum?).

i didn't ask that specifically because we don't really need it, will be picking up a rental car on sat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!