Transportation to/from airport from Universal Resort

I’m not sure it. It’s was just two of us and we just carry backpacks no other luggage with us.
We are 4 adults with luggage (4 carry-on's - 4 checked) going from MCO to Hard Rock for 4 days then on to Disney. Don't want to rent a car. Seriously considering taking either Lyft or Uber but never used either service. Does Lyft and Uber allow luggage and could we get all 4 of us with luggage in the same vehicle with a grocery stop?

We are 4 adults with luggage (4 carry-on's - 4 checked) going from MCO to Hard Rock for 4 days then on to Disney. Don't want to rent a car. Seriously considering taking either Lyft or Uber but never used either service. Does Lyft and Uber allow luggage and could we get all 4 of us with luggage in the same vehicle with a grocery stop?

Lyft and Uber drivers drive their own cars, and while I have sometimes had bigger cars, it is not guaranteed. Try Uber XL, those are the bigger cars.

What does the grocery stop with Tony include? Do we need to setup a pre-ordered online grocery somewhere so we can pick it up as we pass by?

Sorry i’m confused.

He will stop at any grocery store, liquor store or wherever you want to use

Walgreens, Walmart ... any store

He gives you a free 30 minute stop time for any store you desire

I usually go to the Publix that is close to UO
I always buy a case of water and some snack items

Let him know in advance if you want a grocery stop

We’re a family of 6; I’ve taken just my four kids all around and always use Uber. They take luggage; with that size I agree with pp; make sure to book Uber XL. Slightly greater fare; but you’ll fit. I always book XL for us.

Has anyone used Uber or Lyft from the airport in Sanford? I realize the cost will be higher but I also don’t want to pay to park a car at the resort all week that I really don’t need.

Is there a shuttle to and from the Universal Resorts? Or do you just use taxi service? Do you remember how much taxi service was when you used it? TIA
i use florida supershuttle , it was 34.90 total for 3 of us one way

i use florida supershuttle , 3 of us going for total of 34.90 cheaper than any other ive seen

Last March we took a taxi from MCO to Portofino Bay and it was ~$75 (including the 20% tip). It was in a clean black SUV with the driver wearing a pressed shirt and tie.

Two weeks ago I took a Lyft from MCO to Portofino Bay and it was $27 before tip. The car was some sort of Nissan and I have no idea what the driver was wearing. All the Lyfts I have taken have been clean.

thinking of booking Tony for our trip this August, how far in advance do you book with Tony? Do you pay upfront or at the time of service?

thinking of booking Tony for our trip this August, how far in advance do you book with Tony? Do you pay upfront or at the time of service?

You can pay in advance or pay when he does the first leg of the ride

Your choice

If you have a round trip or 3 leg ride booked, you pay the total ride charge when you are dropped off at your first hotel

No charge for grocery stops during the ride

I booked our package through AAA, and had the Super Star shuttle from and to the airport. Does anyone know how long before your flight they pick you up? Our flight out isn't until 8:40pm and we are planning on going to the parks that day. Just wondering how long we might have in the parks :)

Call the company and ask them

Some that have used that shuttle service have said it stopped at another hotel for more booked fares

Hopefully your shuttle will be direct from your hotel to MCO

I booked our package through AAA, and had the Super Star shuttle from and to the airport. Does anyone know how long before your flight they pick you up? Our flight out isn't until 8:40pm and we are planning on going to the parks that day. Just wondering how long we might have in the parks :)

They will give you a business card with the pick up time when they drop you off. In December I was at HRH and picked up 2 1/2 hours prior to departure time, we stopped at SF and CB and I still had plenty of time at the airport.

I am sure you could call and schedule an earlier pickup but I wouldn't cut it any closer.

Do the Universal resorts have the airline/luggage check-in desks like the Disney resorts? In other words, can I check my luggage directly to the airport from the resort? I ask because that changes whether I take a lyft or a towncar.

Sorry, but no

Loews hotels do not have any contract for transferring luggage to the airports

Use car service of your choice
Star Shuttle, private car service, Lyft or Uber, taxi, etc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!