• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Transportation?Resort?

AmyBWV99

It's a s'winter s'wonderland; you can freeze while
In an effort to keep this trip as cost effective as possible we are not renting a car and for the first time staying at FW; how is the bus situation?
Are there internal busses or can you easily walk around the resort?
How are the pools? Are there more than one or just one centrally located?
One more thing what is the most direct routes fom FW to each of the parks?:confused: :confused: :confused:

Fort WIlderness is a rather large and spread out resort, you can walk but there are other options, You can rent an electric cart to get around the resort, it can be expensive but they are fun and convienient.

The bus system consists of the Crockett and Boone bus routes, these buses go from the TTC, Wilderness lodge and through fort Wilderness in oposite directions

The is a direct bus to Animal Kingdom / Blizzard Beach

A boat to the magic kingdom that also stops at the wilderness lodge

To get to MGM or EPCOT you need tro take a bus to the TTC and transfer to either bus for MGM or Monorail to EPCOT.

Sounds rather complicated, its not really that bad though.

Many people bring bikes wich make it a bit easier to get around the resort.

Thanks for replying!
You can get a bus from FW directly to the WL then? I thought at one point there were boats offered to MK from FW and WL.

At one time both Fort Wilderness and The Wilderness had direct boats to the magic kingdom,l unfortunately they have combined this so the same boat stops at FW and WL then on to MK

I agree with the above. Having a car is nice, but not necessary. If you are not going to rent a golf cart, definitely bring bicycles.

Have fun and good camping.

Tim.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter