Transportation question

michelle1

DIS Veteran
Can anyone recommend the easiest/quickest way to get from DLP to CGD airport? We are staying at Cheyenne but in the park for the day as we have an evening flight. I'm assuming the hotel will keep our bags for us unless there is somewhere else to store them.

yes there is a luggage store room at all the hotels.

There are a few options for transport to CG Airport, its basically personal preference and budget,

I always use https://magicalshuttle.co.uk/ €23 per adult one way. It takes about an hour once you leave Disney property. However the bus picks up at all the onsite hotels. You need to check the time for your pickup at Cheyenne and then check the time for pickup at New Port Bay. New Port Bay is the last pickup so the journey time will be approx 60 to 70 minutes from Newport Bay Hotel, NOT from Cheyenne Hotel.

Things to note for American visitors.
  1. The luggage is put in the storage area under the bus. You have to put your own luggage in the bus and off the buss, there are no luggage porters either at the hotel or at the airport.
  2. You buy your ticket online and show the ticket either printed out or on your phone to the driver
  3. The seats on the bus, the pitch are for European sized people. American Pooh sized people may feel a bit squashed.

Other posters will probably recommend private car hire companies and trains :)

I either get the train or a private car, depending on a few factors.

If I am alone or with just one other person, train is best. The TGV from the airport to Disney takes just 9 minutes. However, it doesn't run all that frequently so it is worth checking the schedule to ensure this is in fact the quickest. I just did it in August but can't remember the exact cost- somewhere in the region of 20 euros.

If there are 3 or more in the group it is usually better value to get a private hire car, this is nice and easy, takes under an hour and means you go right to your hotel door.

I'm also a train girl. the timing can be tricky, but now that the bus is about the same price, the time saved is important to me. 9 minutes versus 45-60 minutes...

We did the TGV and it was fast and economical. 18 euro and you’re whisked to the airport in 9 minutes, barely even enough time to find a seat! Do check the schedules at the train station, I actually found that google maps was incorrect.

Thank you for your responses..I like the idea of shorter travel time so I like the idea of taking the train!

One thing that really put me off from wanting to take the train again in the future was that during our last stay we noticed that the TGV station at DLP was totally closed off (the RER station was still accessible) because of a bomb alert. I guess it was just someone's unattended luggage. But the station was closed for quite some time (at least 45 minutes). And some CM made a comment that this happens with some regularity. If you want to catch a train to hop on an airplane that could cause quite some problems for you. At least I would not put my luggage in storage at the train station, but keep it at the hotel. With that you can always get your luggage and hop into a taxi if this happens! Otherwise I like taking the train if timing works out!

We always use Ezyshuttle private car transfer- again depends on how many and budget. I booked them recently for my daughter and her bf and it worked out easier for them to use them one way from the airport to DLP and then take the train on the way back to the airport on the last day.

The price for the TGV was about 15E cheaper than the private transfer BUT they would have waited almost 2 hours at the airport for a train. On the way back they got a cheap deal for the train, but it was delayed by nearly 30 minutes, so give yourself plenty of time to get to airport just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!