Transportation options

AprilJ26

Mouseketeer
Hi! I’m trying to decide what we should do about transportation for our trip. We will arrive at LAX around 9:00am. We are a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids). We are only staying a few nights and we pack light so we won’t have a lot of luggage...maybe 3 carryon size suitcases..possibly just 2.
Should we book Super Shuttle? Or Uber/Lyft? If we do Uber/Lyft, we’d need the larger size (Uber xl), wouldn’t we?
Also, on our last night we will want to transfer to a hotel near LAX to catch an early flight the next morning.
Which transportation options do you prefer and why??

AprilJ26, I'm interested in an answer to this as well as we are going in about three weeks and also have 2 adults and 2 kids (7,5). Depending on how old your kids are, I think that car seats are required for Uber/Lyft, which for us, defeats the practicality of that. I think that we will be using the Disneyland Express bus service, even though it's more expensive.

AprilJ26, I'm interested in an answer to this as well as we are going in about three weeks and also have 2 adults and 2 kids (7,5). Depending on how old your kids are, I think that car seats are required for Uber/Lyft, which for us, defeats the practicality of that. I think that we will be using the Disneyland Express bus service, even though it's more expensive.
We won’t need car seats, thankfully! My kids are 9 and 15!

I know that super shuttle won’t be an option for our return trip because we are going to a hotel near the airport and not the actual airport. I guess I’m mostly wanting to know if we could fit in a regular Uber or Lyft car or would we need to get a larger size? The only time we’ve used Uber from an airport, it was just two of us plus luggage. This time it will be all 4 of us...but hopefully not much luggage!

Uber/Lyft is the best option and faster and cheaper than Super Shuttle. If that makes you nervous get a limo service such as Lansky's.

I just took an Uber from LAX this afternoon. It’s just 2 of us and we had two big suitcases. We were picked up in a Prius and 4 people would have been a very right fit. I don’t know enough about Uber to know if you can ask for a specific type vehicle or if you will have to opt for Uber XL.

I highly recommend Disneyland Express. We have used it several times and never been disappointed. Comfortable seats, comfortable ride, and no maniac or creepy drivers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter