Transportation Options from Disney to Universal/IOA

Need to get 6 adults and 6 kids with luggage from All Star Movies to Royal Pacific. From the research I've done it looks like 3 separate Ubers will be the cheapest, but does anyone have any other ideas?

Correct me if I'm wrong. I'll have a car. Staying at BWV but heading to US/IoA for one day. There are four of us. I was thinking that it might be worth it to just Uber over rather than driving and paying to park. It might be a bit more expensive doing it that way, but I wouldn't have to have the hassle of driving in busy morning traffic, then parking, trekking all the way to the parks.
Is that a silly thought?

Correct me if I'm wrong. I'll have a car. Staying at BWV but heading to US/IoA for one day. There are four of us. I was thinking that it might be worth it to just Uber over rather than driving and paying to park. It might be a bit more expensive doing it that way, but I wouldn't have to have the hassle of driving in busy morning traffic, then parking, trekking all the way to the parks.
Is that a silly thought?
You get door to door with Uber (consider getting dropped off at one of the hotels vs main point to save some time in security line). It's nice to get a ride if you want it. Not silly. :)

Trying to price out getting a taxi or Uber from MCO to Universal.

I've been checking the estimators, but I must be doing something wrong because it keeps telling me $70 for 2 people one way which seems way too high.

I used Tony last time we needed a car, and he was great. But, this time, I'd prefer to not schedule something in advance as there are too many unknowns. I don't think I'll really know when we will be ready to leave for the hotel until the last minute, so being able to just walk out of the airport and grab something already sitting there sounds appealing.

Also, does anyone know if Tony goes as far away as Tampa? I might need a one-way to Apollo Beach, but I'm thinking that will end up being really high and hard to arrange since it is out of the way. I'll probably just use my car for that one.

Trying to price out getting a taxi or Uber from MCO to Universal.

I've been checking the estimators, but I must be doing something wrong because it keeps telling me $70 for 2 people one way which seems way too high.

I used Tony last time we needed a car, and he was great. But, this time, I'd prefer to not schedule something in advance as there are too many unknowns. I don't think I'll really know when we will be ready to leave for the hotel until the last minute, so being able to just walk out of the airport and grab something already sitting there sounds appealing.

Also, does anyone know if Tony goes as far away as Tampa? I might need a one-way to Apollo Beach, but I'm thinking that will end up being really high and hard to arrange since it is out of the way. I'll probably just use my car for that one.

he does ports and believe he told me he has done tampa.
had a conversation with him about tampa as i was thinking of going down for the day to hit BG last year

What is the best and cheapest transportation option from Disney Beach Club to Royal Pacific for a family of 4 and all our luggage?

my guess would be lyft or uber
might want the larger vehicle if you have a lot of luggage

Here's a Tony question. You pay for round trip when he first drops you off? And then do you tip him both times as opposed to adding it to the rt payment?

Here's a Tony question. You pay for round trip when he first drops you off? And then do you tip him both times as opposed to adding it to the rt payment?

I need to say Tony has other drivers in his company
I tip each driver as I have had occassions where Tony was tied up and one of his other drivers picked me up.
So, i tip each way.

Most people tip based on quality of service.
Just like when you eat out, you tip the wait staff

Some tip 10% while other do 15 or 20% for each leg of the ride.

When I am picked up, I tip generously as he parks inside the airport and he pays for that
He does not pass it on to the person that is getting the ride.

He meets you at the bottom of the escaltor holding an Ipad with your last name on it.
If he is there and you are delayed getting to the baggage carousel, he will pick up your luggage.
Text him and tell him how many bags, color, etc.
(Sometimes a family stops for a restroom or beverage before going to the luggage section)

No charge for him to gather your luggage on a cart

You only have a few steps to the inner portion of the airport to his vehicle.
The car is cool as it has not been sitting out in the sun.

He tracks your flight number and knows if your plane will arrive early or be late.
He will be there without you calling to tell him the flight was one hour late in departing

He does not charge you for any tolls.

Free grocery or liquor stop on the way to your hotel/drop off
If he is not tied up for another fare soon after he picks you up, he will work with you for both stops, food/beverages.

Yes, the person pays for the entire trip on the first drop off.

He has at times shopped for his customers before he picks you up.
If your flight is coming in when stores will be closed, ask him to shop for you and you will pay him later.
There have been threads about what he has done for others such as your shopping due to stores being closed or arriving after midnight and you need a case of water before you reach your hotel.

I have used most of all the major transportation service companies and many are fine.
I used Tony when he was employed (1995) by John and Mary which is still in business.

If Tony would ever go out of business, there are other companies I would switch to.

For now, when asked, I feel Tony is a good person to do business with

Tipping is a personal choice
It is up to the passenger to decide the amount they want to tip.

If you do not want to deal with tipping two different drivers in case that happens, if you have Tony on the first leg, you can tell him you are giving him the entire tip for the rt fare.
He will give the portion to the other driver he sends for you.
Just let him know if you don't have him on the return trip, the tip is to be for both rides.

Tony has other drivers also in his company.

I tip each driver as I have had occassions where Tony was tied up and one of his other drivers picked me up.
So, i tip each way.

Most people tip based on quality of service.
Just like when you eat out, you tip the wait staff

Some tip 10% while other do 15 or 20% for each leg of the ride.

When I am picked up, I tip generously as he parks inside the airport and he pays for that
He does not pass it on to the person that is getting the ride.

He meets you at the bottom of the escaltor holding an Ipad with your last name on it.
If he is there and you are delayed getting to the baggage carousel, he will pick up your luggage.
Text him and tell him how many bags, color, etc.
(Sometimes a family stops for a restroom or beverage before going to the luggage section)

No charge for him to gather your luggage on a cart

You only have a few steps to the inner portion of the airport to his vehicle.
The car is cool as it has not been sitting out in the sun.

He tracks your flight number and knows if your plane will arrive early or be late.
He will be there without you calling to tell him the flight was one hour late in departing

He does not charge you for tolls.

Free grocery or liquor stop on the way to your hotel/drop off
If he is not tied up for another fare soon after he picks you up, he will work with you for both stops, food/beverages.

Yes, the person pays for the entire trip on the first drop off.

He has at times shopped for his customers before he picks you up.
If your flight is coming in when stores will be closed, ask him to shop for you and you will pay him later.
There have been threads about what he has done for others such as your shopping due to stores being closed or arriving after midnight and you need a case of water before you reach your hotel.

I have used most of all the major transportation service companies and many are fine.
I used Tony when he was employed (1995) by John and Mary which is still in business.

If Tony would ever go out of business, there are other companies I would switch to.

For now, when asked, I feel Tony is a good person to do business with

Tipping is a personal choice
It is up to the passenger to decide the amount they want to tip.

If you do not want to deal with tipping two different drivers in case that happens, if you have Tony on the first leg, you can tell him you are giving him the entire tip for the rt fare.
He will give the portion to the other driver he sends for you.
Just let him know if you don't have him on the return trip, the tip is to be for both rides.
Thanks so much! So helpful. Will tip on both ends. Very happy to support a business like his!

If I wanted to Uber from Coronado Springs to Universal in the morning for (close to) opening, how much time should I budget?

How long is the walk from the uber drop off to IoA?

If I wanted to Uber from Coronado Springs to Universal in the morning for (close to) opening, how much time should I budget?

How long is the walk from the uber drop off to IoA?
You can get dropped off in the main drop off point and just walk through CityWalk. It'll take 10-15 minutes. Or get dropped off at Royal Pacific and take the water taxi.

Just got back from a trip to US/WDW. I took a private car that contracts with HRH. I went from HRH to MK, it cost a flat fee of $50.00 each way. The cars were very nice, great drivers. My I called for a pick up and was met at the TTC about 15min later.

Yes they deluxe hotels has the sedans to take you where you want by to
Go

Last year only cost me $ 25
From
Hotel to Walgreens and back
And such nice employee

Just wanted to provide some info on my recent transportation experience as a solo traveler looking for the least expensive options.

I booked Mears in advance for the round trip to the airport - at that time I also added on a round trip to MK and AK - the total for one person was 67.50.

Over the years I have heard mixed things about Mears, but keep in mind Magic Express and all the buses in Universal are run by Mears.

I checked in at the Mears desk and got all my tickets - you need to pick up your attraction tickets here as well - I had to inform the employee of this as she really had no clue.
15 minutes later I was in the mini bus on the way to Sapphire Falls - trip was quick and efficient - I was first dropped off - as I understand it there will be no more than three stops

On the AK day I called 1 day in advance and scheduled it. They start picking up at 8:05 and every hour after that for AK. Shuttle bus arrived about 10 minutes early. We had one other pick-up where we waited 15 minutes for the folks
Be aware that they will only wait 5 minutes past the scheduled pickup time and they seem to typically be early - they recommend being there 15 minutes before the scheduled time.
They will not wait past the 5 minutes. Others on the bus were going to MK and that was the first stop - I decided to get off there and hit MK first since it was a magic hours day at AK (should have planned better)

You need to schedule the return trip 2 hours in advance and the pick up at half past the hour.
My pick from AK was about 20 minutes early and I was already waiting - I was the only pickup so we went right to Sapphire early.

On the Mk day my experience was similar - be ware they drop you and pick you up at the TTC.
One thing I noticed - another group was going to AK and paid and tipped him when they got on the shuttle - AK was our first stop - but I am pretty sure that is the most out of the way place to be going first.
So it may be worth paying and tipping immediately

Pick up was similar - but I wanted to mention that there was another person there with his son who he mentioned many times that the son was autistic.
The son was perfectly fine - just overly polite and talkative - no need to keep saying sorry he is autistic - we understand.
He may have said it 10 times between waiting and the bus trip.

Anyway I was getting the bus at 8:30 he was complaining that the 8:00 bus was late and that he was scheduled for the 9:00 bus.
He had said that Mears had already left him waiting before.
I informed him he was wrong and that the times were 8:30 and 9:30 for pickup - he insisted 9:00 and showed me his notes - I pointed out that his notes said 9:30
The reason I point this out is I wonder what percentage of the complains is just customer misunderstandings related to the stress of a Disney vacation

My bus came a few minutes early and they let him on the early one since there was room - no hassle at all

Pickup day - called 24 hours in advance to confirm. Bus was at 4:55 AM for an 8AM flight - they want you on a bus that is 3 hours before your flight
Be aware that the airport recommends that you be 3 hours early even for US flights as there is only one tram between the terminal and the airport.
Anyway the bus was at least 10 minutes early - but unfortunately there were two other people scheduled for that bus that did not show - so we waited until 5AM at Sapphire
I am pretty sure I watched these two get into an Uber. Going to the airport with larger bags and the Uber would not let them but the bags in the trunk - it was interesting to watch them try to fit in this tiny car.
Seemed a bit ridiculous to me - I have never used Uber and really dont want to.

We got to the airport quickly and I was actually early enough to get on the earlier flight.
Be aware that even that early on a Sunday Morning it took about 30 minutes to get through security

So overall my experience with Mears was very good - and the price (at least for one person) was very reasonable - $21 round trip to a Disney park.
Once you have 2-3 people I'd start to look at other options - especially for the airpoty
No doubt if I had my family with me I would use Tony Hinds or another car service.

One major flaw in the system is they should get people numbers and text them that they are on the way or at the hotel.
You can call and book a Mears shuttle and you dont pay until you get on - so it lends itself to no-shows that could be quite annoying for the other folks on the shuttle.

I also wanted to mention the free shuttle to SeaWorld for the Universal Hotels.
It goes once an hour from 9AM to 11 (I think) - Park openes at 10
The shuttle goes from the main bus loop at Universal - you need to book the bus a day in advance at your hotel
It is a bit of a hassle to get over there - I had assumed it went from the hotels - but I guess this makes sense
The one bus was full - but everyone did get on
The bus returns once an hour starting at 3:30 if I recall correctly - you can take any of the buses back
Last bus is at 6:30 (Park closed at 6 that day)
A taxi would have been 20 each away according to the front desk (seems high since it is so close) - so it is a great deal

Thanks for that summary, Tony.
For what it's worth, an Uber was a fine choice for that couple with bags. If they really had more than you'd expect to fit in a sedan, they could have requested an Uber XL. I'll personally go the Uber or Lyft route because I like door to door service and not having to schedule in advance. :) Luckiky there are choices that appeal to everyone.

Thanks for that summary, Tony.
For what it's worth, an Uber was a fine choice for that couple with bags. If they really had more than you'd expect to fit in a sedan, they could have requested an Uber XL. I'll personally go the Uber or Lyft route because I like door to door service and not having to schedule in advance. :) Luckiky there are choices that appeal to everyone.
I do agree - I like the door to door - but as a solo traveler with 9 days at universal it's less of an issue - I'm not really in any rush to go anywhere - except to get back to the Airport on time.

As for the sedan - it was not a sedan but a compact 4 door - it was a struggle. I'd expect an Uber to the airport to have room in the trunk for your bags

The doorman and myself just looked at each and shook our heads - there was just two of them with two check bags and two carry bags
I can say that I was far more comfortable in the shuttle bus

Obviously that is not the usual for Uber - but at 5AM on a Sunday I suspect there are limited options unless you plan ahead.

I had planned to try Uber for going to the parks - but with the surge charges it just did not make sense for a solo traveler

With two or more I doubt I would use Mears - what really surprised me was the larger groups using Mears shuttle to and from the Airport - for 5 people a car service is cheaper and far more convenient

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!