Transportation Options from Disney to Universal/IOA

Just got back from Disney last night. Took Macraven's advice and called Tony Hines. Could not have been happier with the communication and service. An excellent driver, not a speed demon; polite, friendly, and very informative. I would highly recommend Tony to anyone looking for local transportation.

Just got back from Disney last night. Took Macraven's advice and called Tony Hines. Could not have been happier with the communication and service. An excellent driver, not a speed demon; polite, friendly, and very informative. I would highly recommend Tony to anyone looking for local transportation.
How was the quality of the vehicles they used? We don't need fancy, but we do want clean, safe and reliable.

How was the quality of the vehicles they used? We don't need fancy, but we do want clean, safe and reliable.
Sorry, I'm not on often. It was a large white passenger van. Very clean. Seatbelts, etc in working order. No weird noises or shaking or anything like that. I was very happy with the quality of the vehicle as well as the service. I would use him again in a heartbeat.

So what is cheaper

From cabana bay to Disney parks

Mears taxi for 3 people

or Uber taxi for 3 people?

I spoke to the people at the Hard Rock and they said there are vans that will take you to other destinations that are available at the hotel. Have you priced those out?

The rpr, pbh and hrh sedans are $50 if you use them to go to mco

I know they can be used to go to offsite restaurants

Schumi would known the answer as she uses them for off site dinners as she will not drive and drink

We're back from our trip and had a fabulous time! Just wanted to let everybody know that we used Tiffany Towncar Service (http://www.tiffanytowncar.com/wordpress/reservations) and were extremely pleased. We requested Renata as a driver based on other posts that we'd read in the past and she was amazing! We emailed the company Sunday morning before we left and got a quick response back from Maritza... she was very polite in the email and confirmed everything including our grocery store stop. I mention that she was polite because I had read some previous posts that said she wasn't very friendly if you had to deal with her on the phone, but we had a completely positive interaction with her via email. :) Renata was so nice and friendly, her car looked brand new and was extremely clean and comfortable... we loved that she had the car parked just a few steps away from the baggage claim area in a private covered area. I expected it to be out there with the busy taxi's etc but it was in a nice quiet spot that made it easy to load our bags etc.

She told us lots about the parks during our drive (it was our first visit to Universal) and even pointed out Hogwart's on our way which I was extremely excited about! :) We stopped at Publix on our way and it also had a liquor store right next door so I went to one and my husband went to the other and we were in and out in just a few minutes. When we arrived at our resort she also pointed out the easiest ways to get over to the parks. Anyway, that's a lot of rambling, but just wanted to take the time to come back and leave feedback since we were so impressed with their service. It costs $75 one way or I think $130ish round trip. We only booked them for one way because we had read that we could get a private car back to the airport easily from the ones waiting out in front of the hotel.

I wish we had went with Tiffany roundtrip because we were not impressed with the driver that the hotel assigned us on the way back. I can't remember the name of the company the hotel used, but it was some sort of "private limo company". Our driver was not really friendly (though not rude), his Suburban was not comfortable and he was was a very aggressive driver. He drove way way faster than the posted airport speed limits and was even pulling up the electronic payment app on his ipad while he was driving. Just to be clear, this is the private company that Royal Pacific used, not a Tiffany car. I'm sure some of the drivers that the hotel uses are great, but I am assuming it's luck of the draw. There were 3 out there waiting and we got the one that was next in line. On a positive note, it was only $55 (plus tip) which wasn't that much more than a cab and we didn't have to make any sort of reservation for it which allowed us to be more flexible on our departure time.

Kim, if it was the ODC that sit outside the hotels all the time then you were unlucky. We use them for going between hotels for dinner and have used them many times when we want to both have a drink. They have always been very polite and impeccable drivers.

If it is those ODC, cars give the hotel the name of the driver, he should have given you a card, or number of the ODC.

If drivers aren't up to their standard they'll want to know about it.

The rpr, pbh and hrh sedans are $50 if you use them to go to mco

I know they can be used to go to offsite restaurants

Schumi would known the answer as she uses them for off site dinners as she will not drive and drink

Yes, we use them a lot.......:thumbsup2

They are free between the hotels. You just have to give your name and room number.

To use around the Orlando area they are brilliant. Going from RPR to Pointe Orlando or Sand Lake Road area it's around $20 plus tip. I'm informed from others they are not the cheapest way to get around, but we find them handy as they're sitting outside and we can safely call them to come back for us. Cars are always immaculate and drivers friendly.

I was quoted a price of $100 for a pick up from Polynesian to Hard Rock, then Hard Rock to the Airport (basically $50 each way)...does this seem reasonable? I'm Canadian so I have no idea what a good price would be...and with the exchange rate don't want to be ripped off. Thank you!

Kim, if it was the ODC that sit outside the hotels all the time then you were unlucky. We use them for going between hotels for dinner and have used them many times when we want to both have a drink. They have always been very polite and impeccable drivers.

If it is those ODC, cars give the hotel the name of the driver, he should have given you a card, or number of the ODC.

If drivers aren't up to their standard they'll want to know about it.

I can't remember what the service was called. They were all black vehicles, some cars, some SUVs. I'll look up my receipt and see if that was the name of the company.

I did see some for hire cars at rpr yesterday evening and tonight at the covered wait area

Would never use them as they work for themselves and not the hotel

They can be hired out for last minute hire
I stay away from those third party car service
These are not the sedans that loews has for their guests

Just wondering how much that was? We took a cab last year and it was $45 each way from AOA to Universal

I can't remember what the service was called. They were all black vehicles, some cars, some SUVs. I'll look up my receipt and see if that was the name of the company.
I did see the front license plates on those black cars
It said OCD
Those are the ones that the hotel contracts with

We're back from our trip and had a fabulous time! Just wanted to let everybody know that we used Tiffany Towncar Service (http://www.tiffanytowncar.com/wordpress/reservations) and were extremely pleased. We requested Renata as a driver based on other posts that we'd read in the past and she was amazing! We emailed the company Sunday morning before we left and got a quick response back from Maritza... she was very polite in the email and confirmed everything including our grocery store stop. I mention that she was polite because I had read some previous posts that said she wasn't very friendly if you had to deal with her on the phone, but we had a completely positive interaction with her via email. :) Renata was so nice and friendly, her car looked brand new and was extremely clean and comfortable... we loved that she had the car parked just a few steps away from the baggage claim area in a private covered area. I expected it to be out there with the busy taxi's etc but it was in a nice quiet spot that made it easy to load our bags etc.

She told us lots about the parks during our drive (it was our first visit to Universal) and even pointed out Hogwart's on our way which I was extremely excited about! :) We stopped at Publix on our way and it also had a liquor store right next door so I went to one and my husband went to the other and we were in and out in just a few minutes. When we arrived at our resort she also pointed out the easiest ways to get over to the parks. Anyway, that's a lot of rambling, but just wanted to take the time to come back and leave feedback since we were so impressed with their service. It costs $75 one way or I think $130ish round trip. We only booked them for one way because we had read that we could get a private car back to the airport easily from the ones waiting out in front of the hotel.

I wish we had went with Tiffany roundtrip because we were not impressed with the driver that the hotel assigned us on the way back. I can't remember the name of the company the hotel used, but it was some sort of "private limo company". Our driver was not really friendly (though not rude), his Suburban was not comfortable and he was was a very aggressive driver. He drove way way faster than the posted airport speed limits and was even pulling up the electronic payment app on his ipad while he was driving. Just to be clear, this is the private company that Royal Pacific used, not a Tiffany car. I'm sure some of the drivers that the hotel uses are great, but I am assuming it's luck of the draw. There were 3 out there waiting and we got the one that was next in line. On a positive note, it was only $55 (plus tip) which wasn't that much more than a cab and we didn't have to make any sort of reservation for it which allowed us to be more flexible on our departure time.

By the way, just another positive review for Tiffany. We've used them about a dozen times, and have had a great experience every time. We're using them next week roundtrip for our HRH stay! :thumbsup2

Sorry there's too many pages to go through! Would uber be an option? Does uber pick up at Disney resorts and universal??? Thanks :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts