Transportation from WDW to US and back

Disney Frenhines

DIS Veteran
I hadn't been to US for about four years so decided to go again in March. As a non driver I always used Mears shuttles. Oh dear, they are not the same anymore. I had a taxi driver pick me up at Pop in the morning, I was expecting a bus or van. I nearly missed it as the driver had my name spelled wrong and mispronounced it, it was only on checking it was confirmed for me. Still, not bad for the price of a shuttle bus.
Coming back was a different story. Booked it very early for 10:30pm. Got to the bus stop in plenty of time, no sign of any bus or any Mears staff. By 11:30 I was panicking as it was very empty there and asking around no one had any idea where Mears buses stopped. I was down to 7% on my phone (my fault) called Mears, who took ages to pick up only to be told no transportation had been dispatched. They told me they would send out a town car. 30 minutes later a car turned up and despite me telling them that the driver needed to know my name (for safety reasons) the driver didn't know it, luckily he said he was to take the person to Pop. I got back to Pop at nearly 1am and very unhappy at how a lovely day at US was spoiled by Mears.
So what would be the best way to get to US from WDW as I never want to do Mears again. Are Lyft and Uber drivers a safe choice and how much would it cost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter