Transportation at Fort Wilderness cabin?

tinagirl

DIS Veteran
Hi all,
Due to the low price of Fort Wilderness Cabins from the new code, we are seriously considering staying there, but because it is so large, we are unsure about how often it takes to catch a bus, as well as what busses are offered. We are looking for the convenience, as well as comfy beds. - Anyone have any comments here?

Let me know soon, so I can book, if this seems good to me.
:)

~Tina

I just stayed there last week.

We drove to the resorts while there (except for MK)

Here's how it works. There are internal buses which take you all over the campground. So you have that bus station.

Then there is a boat dock which will take you to MK.

There is also another bus station at the front of the campground that you transfer to, there you will find buses that take you all over the resort.

I found it was easiest to drive toMGM, Epcot, and AK and DD. You can rent a golf cart to get around all through the camp grounds. These were great!!! You can park them anywhere. We just rode our cart to the boat dock, and parked there, and took the boat to MK (you can also cart to the main bus station as well if you don't want to wait for the first bus and wait again for the transfer).

Fort Wilderness is great you won't be disappointed! Your're right though it is a big place. We usually drive to all of the parks except the MK, the boat ride is easiest there. We usually ride our bicycles to get around internally at FW, there are plenty of bike racks at the marina and the stores....if you don't have a bike you can rent one there!

Have fun!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter