Transportation Advice LAX to DL and back to Hollywood

JHollinsworth

Earning My Ears
Hi there,

We are flying into LAX on a Tuesday around noon. We plan to drive to Santa Monica Pier and Venice beach and walk around spending a leisurely day there. Then we plan to drive to Disneyland after rush hour Tuesday night and staying on property at Disney Paradise Pier from Tuesday night to Friday morning and then back to LA to Loew's Hollywood Hotel for a few days. We definitely need a car on Tuesday but the rest I'm not sure.

I know there's an Alamo in Downtown Disney and I can rent a car at LAX on Tuesday and have it for the day and drop off at DTD late that night. The cost is about $100 but we need it. If I keep the car, I have to pay for parking $20 per night ($60) plus $240ish for the four days and then return it back to LAX and then on to the hotel. There has to be a better way. Are there other rental car places that have a drop off point near the Loew's like Enterprise? I don't want to take up precious time in dropping the car back off as we are only in LA Friday and Saturday and then fly out Sunday. I am open to taking uber Friday to Hollywood which is about $100 when I just checked though it's rush hour in LA right now. We plan to just walk or take uber when in LA. I'm not interested in paying a fortune for parking in LA at the hotel too so definitely want to ditch the car Friday.

Any advice?

Thanks!

From Disneyland, if you want to do car rental probably the most convenient would be to pick up a car at the Hertz on Katella and return it in Hollywood, as there is a Hertz at the Loew's. There's also a Budget and Enterprise within a mile of the hotel and I'm sure you could find one of those close to DL as well. As for parking, rates are surprisingly cheap (for LA) at the Loew's as you can park in the Hollywood & Highland structure, which is connected to the hotel. It was $15 each 24 hour period when we stayed last month. If you want to keep the car the whole time, look at getting a weekly rate as they are significantly lower. My 10 day rate for Orlando in April , even including parking at hotels/cruise, is less than just renting for the couple days before/after our cruise!

Thank you so much oakleycat for the info about the Hertz at the Loew's! You are awesome! I was able to rent a car at LAX from Hertz and keep it while we are at DL and return to the Loew's for a total of $240 including the three nights of parking. It will eliminate the hassle of dropping off the Alamo car and then renting at Hertz on Kabella and it's only about $25 more total!!!

Thank you so much oakleycat for the info about the Hertz at the Loew's! You are awesome! I was able to rent a car at LAX from Hertz and keep it while we are at DL and return to the Loew's for a total of $240 including the three nights of parking. It will eliminate the hassle of dropping off the Alamo car and then renting at Hertz on Kabella and it's only about $25 more total!!!

No problem, glad it worked out well for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter