Transport lightsaber with me on the airplane

Dingdingding

Mouseketeer
I will visit WDW next september and am planning to buy a lightsaber. But I was wondering; will I even be able to bring it with me on the way back? I know the TSA has made an anouncement that they could be brought but I'm more afraid our airline (Delta) won't allow them on the plane because of the restrictions on luggage sizes. Does anyone here have experience with that from DLR?

I will visit WDW next september and am planning to buy a lightsaber. But I was wondering; will I even be able to bring it with me on the way back? I know the TSA has made an anouncement that they could be brought but I'm more afraid our airline (Delta) won't allow them on the plane because of the restrictions on luggage sizes. Does anyone here have experience with that from DLR?
I am still undecided if buy one or not (assuming I could successfully enter the shop, at Disneyland it is the busiest experience). Ar e they that big to transport? I assumed they could be easily disassembled.

People are allowed to travel with things like skis and I can't imagine its bigger that those! You may just have to pay for oversized luggage and have it in the hold though?

I bought one of those large umbrellas at MK a few years ago. I just brought it with me as hand luggage, no one said anything. And last year my DH brought a long handcarved wooden stick from AK that he also took as hand luggage with no issues.

Hope this isn't too late but we brought the light sabre last April and took it on the plane with us as hand luggage along with our normal hand luggage this was flying with Virgin, it was boxed in its original box.

Hope this isn't too late but we brought the light sabre last April and took it on the plane with us as hand luggage along with our normal hand luggage this was flying with Virgin, it was boxed in its original box.
Isn't the new build your own light sabre in GE larger than the old one though? I'm sure I've read that on DL GE reports...

You could get Disney to ship it to your home if you’re concerned at all about running into any difficulties at the airport. It will cost you though of course :).

As mentioned above it was not an issue with Virgin Atlantic to bring it on the plane as hand luggage.

Your only point where you “ may” get issues in at customs and border control at the airport. They are being very strict with items from Galaxy’s Edge at the moment. They may ask you to disassemble it like the droids and you may have to put it in checked bags or even go through more screening. Remember this is the official body who got everyone in a fit over not being able to take sweets through the airports without opening them first and testing them only two years ago. Just be aware they change their rules all the time.

I have read that people have been bringing them back..no problem...! The problem is with the coke bottles tho

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts