Transport back to WDW

GC&S

DIS Veteran
We are sailing on the Oasis in Aug. We plan on staying at a Disney resort for a few days after our cruise. Can we take Disney transportation from Port Canaveral to the resorts (since we are not sailing Disney cruise line)?

From what I gather you cannot. You could find transport back to MCO and take DME over, but I think that you might as well rent a car or hire private transport instead of that.

DCL transportation is only for DCL guests.

Aside of that, it doesn't look like the Dream or Fantasy will be docked on the same day as Oasis any time in August. So there wouldn't be any DCL busses at port anyway.

Last edited:

Depending on how many people are in your group, the most economical option is likely going to be to rent a car from one of the companies that has a free shuttle from the port. We used Alamo a few years ago.

We will be on the Oasis in December and will be staying at BLT for 2 nights before our trip. We plan on taking ME when we first arrive to our resort and then when it is time to go to PC, we are either going to have Mear's pick us up or Uber it. I am still trying to figure out which one will be cheaper. Have a great trip, this will be our first time on the Oasis and we are so excited about it :goodvibes.

We will be on the Oasis in December and will be staying at BLT for 2 nights before our trip. We plan on taking ME when we first arrive to our resort and then when it is time to go to PC, we are either going to have Mear's pick us up or Uber it. I am still trying to figure out which one will be cheaper. Have a great trip, this will be our first time on the Oasis and we are so excited about it :goodvibes.
We are excited for the Oasis as well. Would love to do another Disney cruise but can't justify the price right now. It's all these other details that are killing me. I think that's why we return to Disney each year - ME to the world and ME back to the airport! But we will get everything figured out and have a great time!

We also sailed on Oasis and spent a few nights at WDW post cruise. We used Tony Hinds for our entire trip (to/from) and he was great. He's often recommended on the boards and if you google him, his web site will come up.

In the past, we have also bought the cruise line transportation back to MCO and gotten on DME from there. It was relatively quick the time we did this and we were at the resort by 10am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!