Transferring points to get the most value

rookie1255

Earning My Ears
Since I can transfer points from one contract to another couldn't I use this to get more value? For example I bought a minimum contract at BWV. Then a higher point contract with the same UY at SSR. Each year couldn't I transfer all my SSR points to BWV? Then it would be like having a higher point BWV contract where I get the 11 month booking window, but I pay the cheaper dues of the SSR points. Am I overlooking something?

Transferred points retain their original UY and resort. So those SSR points you transferred over to your BWV contract are still SSR points and won't be able to book at BWV till 7 months. The other thing is you will need to call member services to use those transferred points as they do not show up in the online system.

So there is no loop-hole.

You don’t transfer points into a contract, but into a membership. But, as mentioned, points never change home resorts priority no matter what else you own.

If you buy multiple contracts at different resorts, but they are the same UY and titled the same way, then you don’t transfer anyway because the points will be in one membership.

Only time one needs to transfer is if you buy two different UYs which means you have two memberships.

Since I can transfer points from one contract to another couldn't I use this to get more value? For example I bought a minimum contract at BWV. Then a higher point contract with the same UY at SSR. Each year couldn't I transfer all my SSR points to BWV? Then it would be like having a higher point BWV contract where I get the 11 month booking window, but I pay the cheaper dues of the SSR points. Am I overlooking something?
Your ideas fit your name. Do more reading before you buy. It will make you happier in the end.

1) Am I understanding this correctly? - I have 200 points at OKW and want to buy 100 points at CC. 11 months out, can I only book CC for 100 points? Or can I use up all 300? Pretend they’re the same use year.

2) If I get 2 contracts, March & April UY. I’m booking a trip for June. Can I use all my points combined or do I have to “transfer” points like I see people talking about. Pretend I’m 6 months out so I don’t have to borrow or used banked pts or anything.

Thanks!

1) Am I understanding this correctly? - I have 200 points at OKW and want to buy 100 points at CC. 11 months out, can I only book CC for 100 points? Or can I use up all 300? Pretend they’re the same use year.

2) If I get 2 contracts, March & April UY. I’m booking a trip for June. Can I use all my points combined or do I have to “transfer” points like I see people talking about. Pretend I’m 6 months out so I don’t have to borrow or used banked pts or anything.

Thanks!

1) At 11 months, 100 at CCV and 200 at OKW. Points retain their home resort priority only regardless of how many resorts you own and cannot be combined until 7 months.

2) Gotta transfer, and only Member Services can do this. If you plan to combine the points at 7 months on any regular basis, strongly recommend you wait to find a matching UY.

2 things.

1) You don’t have home resort priority, the points do.

2) Points always retain their home resort and UY, no matter what you do with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter