Transferring money for resale

hsc3boys

Mouseketeer
I could realy do with some advice, received email from closing company (timeshare closing services inc) this evening. It would appear from the 8 documents sent that it passed ROFR. Some what in shock still and not overly happy that exchange rate is so rubbish at the moment.

I am going to need to transfer money, would have used fairfx as we have a card with them already, but the rate is terrible. Where can I get the best rate and who can I trust?

Should there be a document from disney showing they waived their right to ROFR.
What do I need to look out for, how do I know everything is correct? I think I am nervous because I am dealing with a company overseas that I don't know, the wording is very different to UK legal jargon and I don't want to loose a load of money due to stupidity!!!

Anyone else been through purchasing a resale from the UK?

Any advice would be great.

We have bought resale twice and both times used HIFX, it was seamless on both occasions.

Try not to worry yourself with being in the UK, there are many who have done it, you will be fine.

We also used HiFX. Their exchange rate wasn't too bad and it was all quite straightforward. Your documents sound fine. You don't receive anything official re passing ROFR.

We found buying resale from the UK surprisingly easy. I'd expected hoops to jump through but there weren't.

Thank you for your responses, have been on the HIFX site today, think I will go with them.
Today also received a copy of the paperwork the closing company received from Disney, which put my mind at rest. Strangely it was dated 23rd January. I was only informed Yesterday. Which I assume is why the closing documents are supposed to be completed 23rd February. The closing company have dragged their heels, I completed all paperwork by 2nd December, then in early January I asked for an update only to be told they had only sent it to Disney at the beginning of January and Disney had confirmed receipt on the 8th January. So we were a month behind where I thought we were to start with!

I just added on at Boardwalk :-), and sent my deposit via transferwise as it was best exchange rate, however *** rejected the funds as it was received as a ACH deposit not a wired transaction .Confused! Does HIFX get accepted by ***. I looked here frst and saw a got a better rate with transferwise. Doh! I asked my bank Nationwide and they say Swift but cant say if thats the same as wire ! ... Just want to secure the extra points :-)thanks for any help

The closing company sent me very clear instructions for international wire, however I was concerned about putting the correct information in the correct boxes on line, it was going to one bank them on to another final beneficiary, so I phoned for help at HIFX, they gave me an email address to send all the information to, then set up the beneficiary in my account so I could pull it up when I bought the dollars and complete the transaction. They were very very helpful, as I realised I had given them the wrong information the first time, so they stopped the money being sent and corrected it for me before completing the transfer.

Highly Recommend.

Mine had to go to PNC Bank NA, Pittsburgh and then on to Seaside National Bank, and I was getting confused with the client account number at Seaside Bank and my account number for the closing company!

Thanks, I just spoke to HIFX,as you did, they said it would go via Wire, so Ive redone it (hopefully I get the money back from transferwise :-( ) .
when I originally bought back in 1997 and again 2005 direct from disney I just used my American express card and it worked nicely !

They seem to be very helpful. So you know all about DVC then, and clearly love it. We bought for the first time resale. Everything has closed now, I am just waiting for the paperwork from Disney with numbers etc. I still have a lot to learn, but with the price of a resale it seemed a good idea. Just the cost of flights to get there thats a major draw back, how lovely it would be to live in the US and have the odd weekend!!!

yes we love DVC , and still think its one of the best things we bought, we originally bought from Disney at OKW, then added on at BLT and now(hopefully ) at BWV. We always try and get a small stay in at BWV and was there 2 weeks ago, we had the room above the DVC showroom ;-) and I went to ask if I could buy add on there as been looking for 12 months on and off , Yes was the answer and 2X Cost what the timeshare store wanted :-( purely by chance the timeshare store had our user year and the points we wanted a few days later. I spoke to them for the first time whilst having a beer at Mizners lounge in GF :-) , Happy to share any tips on using DVC I'm already planning next trip as have tables in Wonderland card that expires end Mar 2016.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!