Transfer reservation from one member number to another?

Family-of-4

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

Can we transfer a reservation directly from one member number to another? We have AKL - April UY and BLT - Sep UY. We have some borrowed points currently on AKL we want to use. We have a reservation over Thanksgiving week on BLT. Can we transfer the reservation from BLT directly to AKV? The reservation is at Poly Standard Studio and there is currently no availability. If we would have to cancel the reservation on BLT first, would that reservation then filter direct to those on the wait list or can Member Services hold it and do the transfer? A member services rep said it would go to the waitlist, but the rep didn't seem too sure. I thought wait list transactions occurred overnight, so thought I'd ask this here before trying again with Member Services.

Thanks in advance!
Jeff

No, you cannot transfer a reservation from one membership to another. If they were the same membership (same use year), you could reallocate points. For different use years, you’ll need there to be availability to book the room. Yes, the waitlist will pick up any rooms it matches if you try to cancel and rebook. In the past, there seemed to be a window where you could drop and rebook, but the waitlist processor seems to have been upgraded to monitor constantly.

Hi All,

Can we transfer a reservation directly from one member number to another? We have AKL - April UY and BLT - Sep UY. We have some borrowed points currently on AKL we want to use. We have a reservation over Thanksgiving week on BLT. Can we transfer the reservation from BLT directly to AKV? The reservation is at Poly Standard Studio and there is currently no availability. If we would have to cancel the reservation on BLT first, would that reservation then filter direct to those on the wait list or can Member Services hold it and do the transfer? A member services rep said it would go to the waitlist, but the rep didn't seem too sure. I thought wait list transactions occurred overnight, so thought I'd ask this here before trying again with Member Services.

Thanks in advance!
Jeff
What you're proposing would bypass the wait list. Member Services will not help you in that regard. However, you could rent the reservation to the other member and just change the names on it. How you and the other member work out the way that you get paid back would be outside of Member Services. The other member could transfer points to you or they could make a reservation in your name using their points.

I was going to suggest just change names on the reservation, technically it will still be your reservation, but it would be like you are renting out the points and you and the other member can work out how you get paid back, you could probably even do a transfer of points from their account to yours.

I was going to suggest just change names on the reservation, technically it will still be your reservation, but it would be like you are renting out the points and you and the other member can work out how you get paid back, you could probably even do a transfer of points from their account to yours.
I think the intention was to use points from a different use year (membership) without changing the names on the reservation.

What you can do is transfer some of your AKV points to the BLT membership. That will be a regular points transfer and then the CM can reallocate the points so that is actually doable.

One thing to keep in mind is that if you made the BLT reservation Outside the 7 month booking window then the CM won’t reallocate the points.

What you can do is transfer some of your AKV points to the BLT membership. That will be a regular points transfer and then the CM can reallocate the points so that is actually doable.

One thing to keep in mind is that if you made the BLT reservation Outside the 7 month booking window then the CM won’t reallocate the points.

Thank you Cyberc1978. That's a great idea! Didn't think of that. Our situation is we originally scheduled AKV - Kidani Mon-Fri nights of Thanksgiving week with our AKV points (a few points used are borrowed). Slowly, we were able to get all the days at Poly Studio Standard. Oddly, as it sits, we have Mon-Wed nights and Fri night with BLT points and Thu with Poly points. Our two issues are:

1) We have 16 AKV points that are still borrowed and unused (which we can probably resolve by transferring to BLT account - brilliant Cyberc1978!)
2) Possibility of having to switch rooms once or twice due to the crossed up Thursday (hopefully Poly can let us stay in the room, but would prefer not to have that risk).

Thank you Cyberc1978. That's a great idea! Didn't think of that. Our situation is we originally scheduled AKV - Kidani Mon-Fri nights of Thanksgiving week with our AKV points (a few points used are borrowed). Slowly, we were able to get all the days at Poly Studio Standard. Oddly, as it sits, we have Mon-Wed nights and Fri night with BLT points and Thu with Poly points. Our two issues are:

1) We have 16 AKV points that are still borrowed and unused (which we can probably resolve by transferring to BLT account - brilliant Cyberc1978!)
2) Possibility of having to switch rooms once or twice due to the crossed up Thursday (hopefully Poly can let us stay in the room, but would prefer not to have that risk).

Yeah unfortunately borrowed points can’t be transferred.

I got a little confused about which points was used for what? Have you made any part of the reservation which you tend to use on akv points? Or do you have any other upcoming reservation within the same UY?

I’m asking this because if you do have another upcoming reservation made using akv points then you could properly get MS to reallocate the points so the borrowed points are used instead and hopefully the freed up points can be banked.

Regards

Normally you can't transfer borrowed points but it wouldn't hurt to call and ask. They often do an exception to allow multiple transfers if it's a single owner between their own memberships and they might allow the borrowed points to be transferred. Perhaps not but doesn't hurt to call and see.

Otherwise you could waitlist to use the AKV points for a night or two and if it matches you can cancel those nights from your existing reservation and have MS link the reservations in the 2 memberships for a continuing stay.

sometimes they will even unborrow the points for you -- so if they could do that -- then once the AKV points were unborrowed, they could then be transferred to your BLT membership and then reallocate the points from there.

Following along as I will be in the same boat soon. We are purchasing a contract with 150 banked points, and I want to use them on a reservation I am currently putting together with a different membership. I may just end up trying to book the same room with the other membership once I get access to the new points in about a month or so. I would really rather just transfer the reservation to the other membership, but I doubt that will work. Please let us know what they tell you about transferring borrowed points.

Following along as I will be in the same boat soon. We are purchasing a contract with 150 banked points, and I want to use them on a reservation I am currently putting together with a different membership. I may just end up trying to book the same room with the other membership once I get access to the new points in about a month or so. I would really rather just transfer the reservation to the other membership, but I doubt that will work. Please let us know what they tell you about transferring borrowed points.

when I got my second VGF contract with a different UY than my first, they allowed me to transfer the points to the original contract and then reallocate the points into the existing reservation. Best part was the original ressie was made using borrowed points and the CM unborrowed them. I didn't even ask.

when I got my second VGF contract with a different UY than my first, they allowed me to transfer the points to the original contract and then reallocate the points into the existing reservation. Best part was the original ressie was made using borrowed points and the CM unborrowed them. I didn't even ask.

I hope they will do this, but I don't know as I want to use banked points. They can't unbank them unfortunately or else they would be expired. :( You never know until you ask though, so I plan on calling when I get them. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter