Transfer DVC points to another member (new DVC member ?)

orion2185

DIS Veteran
Never mind....DVC has finally responded to our question.

Transferred points retain the use year of the membership that they are transferred from

Last edited:
Also, you can bank transferred points but you cannot borrow transferred points. You can transfer current year points. You cannot transfer banked or borrowed points.

Also, you can bank transferred points but you cannot borrow transferred points. You can transfer current year points. You cannot transfer banked or borrowed points.

Okay, so my friend looking to unload 2021 UY points can't transfer them to me for me to use in my 2020 UY? I didn't think she could, but just wanted to make sure.

Okay, so my friend looking to unload 2021 UY points can't transfer them to me for me to use in my 2020 UY? I didn't think she could, but just wanted to make sure.
Well transferred points maintain their original Use Year (so October 2021 stay October 2021 even if you are September, etc) when transferred, which is important when you are to consider when transferred points can be banked, which is currently up to their Expiration date (at least that is what I was told for points I've received) but you might want to verify this point.

So say you have December Use Year and they have February you would have quite an overlapped period where your 2020 points are valid while their 2021 points are valid.

Well transferred points maintain their original Use Year (so October 2021 stay October 2021 even if you are September, etc) when transferred, which is important when you are to consider when transferred points can be banked, which is currently up to their Expiration date (at least that is what I was told for points I've received) but you might want to verify this point.

So say you have December Use Year and they have February you would have quite an overlapped period where your 2020 points are valid while their 2021 points are valid.

Thanks! We both have Feb use years so we won’t be able to help each other out. Oh well.

Transfers may be made from the current and next Use Year so no one is able to transfer points from their 2021 Use Year until they are actually in their 2020 use Year.

At this time, only February and March UY are in their 2019 Use Year. Those owners may transfer their 2019 and 2020 points even with one phone call. All other members are still able to transfer points from their 2018 and 2019 Use Year - but not their 2020 Use Year.

Once transferred points have been received, they may be banked into the following Use Year. They will retain their original Home Resort and UY status. Transferred points may NOT be borrowed (and banked/borrowed points may NOT be transferred).

In most cases, transferred points will not be visible in a member's online account since a 'virtual' account is made inside the recipient's actual account. The 'virtual' account will describe the past history of the transferred points (Home Resort, Use Year, transferring member). Reservations using these transferred points may only be made by calling MS since the 'virtual' account cannot be accessed online by the member. In the past, some recipient Members with the same Home Resort and same Use Year month could view those points online, but I believe that is no longer the case.

Yes you can. If you have a Feb UY, you can now transfer 2019 and 2020 points. (As long as they have not been banked or borrowed.)
Interesting, when I tried this a few years ago (a out this time of year with a Feb use year), MS told me that it was not possible to do so under any circumstances.

Interesting, when I tried this a few years ago (a out this time of year with a Feb use year), MS told me that it was not possible to do so under any circumstances.
Strange. Maybe you got a misinformed CM. I have done it twice (most recently a couple of weeks ago). Before Jan 31, you could have transferred 2018 and 2019 points. On Feb 1 and beyond you can transfer 2019 and 2020 points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter