Transfer DVC Points - practical question

Never had an issue and I have done 3 to 4 transfers over the years to other members...and two within my own memberships.

Last year, the CM said it had to be a three way call and I told him never have done it that way and that I’d just call back and get a different CM.

The second CM did it without issue, gave me confirmation and then double checked the points were in the correct receiving membership.

I had the same experience last year as well.

Considering purchasing some other members' points for a transfer. I don't care about the resort in many ways since I will likely use them at 7 mo. I guess then can charge more than the Dis since I could potentially use them at that home resort prior to 7 mo. When I see some of the totals for a block of points I feel like I could buy a contract for that amount.

Any more recent experiences with transfers? Advice?

Considering purchasing some other members' points for a transfer. I don't care about the resort in many ways since I will likely use them at 7 mo. I guess then can charge more than the Dis since I could potentially use them at that home resort prior to 7 mo. When I see some of the totals for a block of points I feel like I could buy a contract for that amount.

Any more recent experiences with transfers? Advice?
I’ve done it several times using the rent/trade board. I always talk to the other person on the phone first and check references. It requires more trust than renting because you are sending money before you get anything. At least with renting you get proof of confirmation.

I used a broker last year so that solved the "trust" issues. Then after a 3 way call with DVC and the other member, I confirmed that the points had be transferred and the broker paid the other member minus their fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!