Train Question

By-Tor and Snow Pup

Mouseketeer
We are going to visit DLP Wednesday on 7 August. I understand the final train back to Paris leaves around midnight and the fireworks are over about 11:20pm. My question is it hard to make this train? Is there a rush for seats? Can you have a reservation for the train?

Thanks for the replies.

You mean the RER, the subway back to the city of Paris?
You should be able to make it, the train station is next to the entrance (look at the map, can't miss it) The biggest bottleneck is not getting out of the park or finding the station, but getting tickets. Queues at the machines at park closing are no joke. If you can, I would recommend going to the station during a break, get the tickets and save time in the evening. Store them in your bag, but not near your bank cards. The RER ticket is piece of paper with a magnetic strip on the back, I had several times the chip in my bank cards de-activate it.

No reservations, it does get busy but I usually have a seat.

You mean the RER, the subway back to the city of Paris?
You should be able to make it, the train station is next to the entrance (look at the map, can't miss it) The biggest bottleneck is not getting out of the park or finding the station, but getting tickets. Queues at the machines at park closing are no joke. If you can, I would recommend going to the station during a break, get the tickets and save time in the evening. Store them in your bag, but not near your bank cards. The RER ticket is piece of paper with a magnetic strip on the back, I had several times the chip in my bank cards de-activate it.

No reservations, it does get busy but I usually have a seat.

If you are travelling from Paris to DLP and back again that day you will already have your ticket if you buy a return in the morning. Just make sure you keep it safe as mentioned.
When you arrive in the morning take note of whereabouts in the station the RER is situated as there are different parts for different types of train - although most people at that time will probably be heading for the RER so just follow the crowds.

You can watch Illuminations - the light and firework show from the end of main street so you are closer to the exit to have a head start on the crowds leaving or if you are closer to the castle head up main street via one of the side arcades rather than up main street instead - they tend to be slightly less crowded.
That last train does get busy and you may end up standing rather than getting a seat

Aaaah! I didn't know about keeping it away from bank cards. Went into the city two days this week, bought a two day ticket and on the second day, my friends ticket didn't work anymore (mid travel....), couldn't figure out what happened, but this makes sense!

I didn't know either! Till I travelled to Paris for work and had to go into the city from the airport, a colleague helped me with getting the ticket (as the machines always frustrate me!), and she told me about this trick. I've had so many times that the ticket refuse to work when I try to get out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!