Trail's End or Liberty Tree Tavern

Jasper07

Earning My Ears
Trying to think out ADR's before our 180 mark hits. My husband and I will be traveling alone and are wanting to try places we haven't eaten at before. Cost and location not being considered, which should we try...Trail's End or LTT? I told him one or the other but not both since they have similar food.

Trying to think out ADR's before our 180 mark hits. My husband and I will be traveling alone and are wanting to try places we haven't eaten at before. Cost and location not being considered, which should we try...Trail's End or LTT? I told him one or the other but not both since they have similar food.
I'm not sure why you'd want to travel to Fort Wilderness just to eat. So unless you're staying there, LTT.

However, if you are staying at Fort Wilderness and plan on returning, I'd try Trails End.

However, if you never plan on staying at Fort Wilderness and/or never anticipate returning, I'd try LTT if for no other reason than deciding if you want to go there again.

I love Trails End...better than LTT. Its not too difficult to get to Trails end if you are in the Magic Kingdom area. Just take the boat to Fort Wilderness and Trails End is right in that area.

The two are very different experiences. If you have free time I would go to Trails End. We enjoy both of the restaurants but enjoy the trip to Trails End. We take the boat from MK. Our kids love walking around there. We love Trails End for breakfast too - so delicious.

This would be a no park day and we would have nothing else planned for the day or evening other than pool time or resort hopping. As far as location goes, since it is just my husband and I this trip I thought this would be a good chance to try it out. My initial thought was LTT could be something we could try on another trip that wouldn't take as much travel time away from park time. But, he has mentioned both so didn't know which way to go with the planning.

Since it's going to be a no park day, will you even have passes to get into MK for LTT? In any event, I would totally pick Trails End. Our entire party did not care for LTT despite all of the rave reviews. On the other hand, the food at Trails End is fantastic. It shares a kitchen with the HDDR, if I'm not mistaking.

You said not considering location, so this is technically not part of my official answer.. :) Ft Wilderness is so peaceful, and it will be a welcome reprieve from the hustle of the parks on your non-park day.

Between the two, we prefer LTT over Trail's End but we enjoy them both. Our first visit to Trail's End was on a no park/relax day, and it was relatively easy to get to - bus to MK then boat to FW. And we had never seen FW before so that was a bonus. It's a buffet, so take that into consideration, but we thought the food was good and the place is on the small side so not overly busy. At LTT, we like the theme better and the pilgrim's feast is served family style at your table. The ooey gooey toffee cake is one of my favorite desserts in all of WDW, which is why it's a must do for us.

I don't recall the food being all that similar - LTT had Thanksgiving style turkey dinner while Trail's End had fried chicken, ribs, pasta, etc. I wouldn't bat an eye about doing both in the same trip, personally.

Since it's going to be a no park day, will you even have passes to get into MK for LTT? In any event, I would totally pick Trails End. Our entire party did not care for LTT despite all of the rave reviews. On the other hand, the food at Trails End is fantastic. It shares a kitchen with the HDDR, if I'm not mistaking.

You said not considering location, so this is technically not part of my official answer.. :) Ft Wilderness is so peaceful, and it will be a welcome reprieve from the hustle of the parks on your non-park day.
If we do Trail's End it would be on the non park day. If we did LTT, it would be on a park day.

I can't see the big similarities myself, but TE will definitely win hands down. We love that place and eat there for dinner, also breakfast once each trip.

Trail’s End for an early dinner about 4:00-5:00ish is my vote. You will be stuffed! I also don’t eat much prior to going that day so I can enjoy it more!

Trails End, hands down. LTT seemed to lose its luster for us when they too out the characters. We have made Trails End a must go.

This would be a no park day and we would have nothing else planned for the day or evening other than pool time or resort hopping. As far as location goes, since it is just my husband and I this trip I thought this would be a good chance to try it out. My initial thought was LTT could be something we could try on another trip that wouldn't take as much travel time away from park time. But, he has mentioned both so didn't know which way to go with the planning.

On a no park day this would be a no-brainer for me. Trail's End, hands-down!

I'd definitely pick Trails End on your no-park day. It'll be a nice little trip to FW resort. I dunno about you, but i'd get bored being at the resort all day. I need a little day trip somewhere. Lol.

I'm not sure why you'd want to travel to Fort Wilderness just to eat. So unless you're staying there, LTT.

This. I used to eat at Trails End for breakfast every day during our annual 4 week stay at FW, for years. It's good, but a destination? o_O

This. I used to eat at Trails End for breakfast every day during our annual 4 week stay at FW, for years. It's good, but a destination? o_O

From many, many years of eating there (breakfast & dinner), yes, it's way worth a destination, plus the beautiful relaxing location. No one restaurant is for everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter