• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trail's End & Hoop DD - same food?

WDWLinda

Mouseketeer
We really enjoyed the food at the Hoop Dee Doo - do you know if the Trail's End Buffet for dinner has the same food - plus more because of the buffet?

Thanks,
Linda

YES,

We have done both and they seem the same plus the waiter assured us they were. The chicken, ribs, corn and salad were there plus other foods not at HDDR. Lunch has chicken but not ribs. I have heard they will bring you some if you ask but have never tried this. Breakfast is also great here and it is a really good deal. EVeryone needs to do HDDR once but now we eat at Trails end. It's aslo a easy trip and a break from MK. WE like to stay at the WL so we boat over for breakfast too.

Jordans' mom

How difficult (travel time) is it to travel from either MK or Epcot?
MY ds(17) and I will be touring either park without DH on Wed. and may ?? want to check out the Trails end buffet? Won't do it if it is too difficult or lengthy.

Thanks!
Easy to drive here and park and eat if we all want to check it out?
If we parked to eat, could we drive around and see up close the cabins? or no..
:crowded: :duck: :moped: :space:

You can take the boat from MK to FW and the marina is right by the Trails End Buffet. Very simple, and not really time consuming.

I would definetly recommend eating there, it is great. My DH is really looking forward to the Ribs.

If you drive to Ft Wilderness, you have to park in the main parking lot and take a bus to the back of the property where the restaurant is located. It is well worth the trip though. After you're there you can walk around to your heart's content.

Originally posted by Hermosa11
Easy to drive here and park and eat if we all want to check it out?
If we parked to eat, could we drive around and see up close the cabins? or no..
If you choose to drive, when you take the bus from the parking lot to Trails end, you can kind of see the cabins, but not very well. You can get off the bus at any stop and walk around. There are no cabins near Trails end, though, so you'd have to get off at a different stop.

If you ask, they may let you drive through the campground, but there isn't anywhere to park your car except the main lot or on a campsite/cabin driveway. If they're not busy, they might even let you see the inside of a cabin!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter