Trailer in tent site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Campers don't need sewer hook-ups either, they have their own black and grey tanks so Idk if that is a reason the wouldn't allow them.

Agreed that no sewer would not be a reason - as MANY campsites across the country do not provide it. We generally try to have sewer where we stay, but can certainly do without (at least for a few days).

Camping at Disney is more of a destination campground than some, and no matter how large your holding tanks are, with showers, etc. it doesn't take long to need to empty, and after a couple days there could be problems. Our motor home has relatively large tanks, but the smaller trailers we used to have did not.
So, yes, to me, not having sewage hookups for trailers could be a large issue in a non-sewer area of campground. Most campgrounds that do not offer sewer hookups have a dump station available - Disney does not!

Also, tent sites notoriously have been cheaper at all campgrounds and Disney has been no exception. For their 'real' reasons, only 'they' can tell you (if they know)!!

Camping at Disney is more of a destination campground than some, and no matter how large your holding tanks are, with showers, etc. it doesn't take long to need to empty, and after a couple days there could be problems. Our motor home has relatively large tanks, but the smaller trailers we used to have did not.
So, yes, to me, not having sewage hookups for trailers could be a large issue in a non-sewer area of campground. Most campgrounds that do not offer sewer hookups have a dump station available - Disney does not!

Also, tent sites notoriously have been cheaper at all campgrounds and Disney has been no exception. For their 'real' reasons, only 'they' can tell you (if they know)!!

I understand that tanks will fill up, I own a TT.
My point is that they allow other types of RVs (pop-ups and camping vans) that also have tanks. If it was an issue because of the tanks then they wouldn't say the site can accommodate those vehicles.
They may not have a dump station, but they do have showers and bathrooms. They aren't forcing anyone with holding tanks to use them, even the people on full hook up sites don't have to hook up if they don't want too.
It's a moot point anyway, its clear form some posters here that they do allow small TTs on those sites.
Whatever their reasons, they just need to be consistent, allow them or don't, make one set of rules, be clear why they are the rules and apply them to all.

Whatever their reasons, they just need to be consistent, allow them or don't, make one set of rules, be clear why they are the rules and apply them to all.

IMO, never gonna happen at Disney.....at the Fort, in the resort hotels, at the theme parks...enforcement or adherence to or explanation of any rule or whatever is inconsistent. However, on the plus side, I am relatively easy going about this and therefore don't let it get to me...lol.

The positive side of me says the rule is in place to assure enough "appropriate" sites for tenters and popups. The cynical side says it's to drive everyone in a hard side trailer to a more expensive site. I'm sure there are many people with a hybrid or small hard side trailer that see the description when deciding what type of a site to reserve and click on the higher priced site because they follow the rules.

j

The positive side of me says the rule is in place to assure enough "appropriate" sites for tenters and popups. The cynical side says it's to drive everyone in a hard side trailer to a more expensive site. I'm sure there are many people with a hybrid or small hard side trailer that see the description when deciding what type of a site to reserve and click on the higher priced site because they follow the rules.

j

Never thought about that! I’m sure you are probably right. Why have the rule? Because it causes the more expensive sites first! Duh!

As a tent camper I was disappointed to see so many TT in the tent area. There were even a few small RVs when we were there. I had to fight for 3 months to piece together my reservation. I know the sites are cheaper or maybe they couldn’t get a full hook up and settled for a tent site. Tent camping is sometimes an only option for some people. ( we just enjoy it until I can afford my RV that is ) if too many people put TT in the tent spots then where will the tents go?? This happened at one of our local campgrounds to the point you can’t tent camp anymore.

Disney has never enforced their rules at the fort (elsewhere) except where/when it suits them!! You have to be a 'squeaky' wheel to get them to take action unfortunately.

As a tent camper I was disappointed to see so many TT in the tent area.

As a tent camper also, I have started staying in the full hook-up sites a couple years ago. I don't mind paying the extra, even if it only gets me a place to dump my dirty dish water.
So I am probably one of the many tent campers the rv owners wish would go back to the tent sites, :furious: for me, not going to happen, we love the 1600 loop.:worship:

As a tent camper also, I have started staying in the full hook-up sites a couple years ago. I don't mind paying the extra, even if it only gets me a place to dump my dirty dish water.
So I am probably one of the many tent campers the rv owners wish would go back to the tent sites, :furious: for me, not going to happen, we love the 1600 loop.:worship:
Guess I never considered staying in a full hook up site. We have 2 tents and a screen room so we were never sure there would be room. 2000 loop was nice and we were right across from the comfort station which was very convenient, but we felt pretty isolated from the rest of the campground. We are bringing a golf cart this time so hope that issue is resolved.

Did a run through the 1500 loop on my ECV yesterday, and there was one small Casita/Scamp TT and one other cargo trailer that looked like some one was sleeping in it since they had a large fan in the door; there were also a couple of tents there.

I agree with Teamubr in his post #4 of this thread.

Trailers aren't prevented from using a "Tent" loop. And tents aren't prevented from using a Full/Preferred/Premium loop.

It's all about setting expectations with the customers/guests. You book a Tent site, you bet your rear end there is no sewer connection if you bring a trailer. You book a Premium site, you bet your rear end there is no guaranteed accommodation to spike down a tent anywhere.

I have a folding pop-up (Aliner). No canvas - I play the "hard sided trailer" in campground that don't accept popups with canvas (hello some Florida Keys campgrounds). What about a Trail Manor that is hard sided and long but pops up when setting up?

I've seen a Class A RV in 2000 loop. And I've never heard of anyone being turned away because they didn't match up or forced to upgrade/downgrade.

You simply don't want a guest coming into the Check-In lobby and saying "I booked a tent loop and WHY DON'T I have a sewer hookup"?

The descriptions on the website are adequate and not restrictive. Tent pad sizes vary (or don't exist at all). Paved portions vary in width between very long or pretty short. If you have a complaint, you should have done due diligence before booking a site.

Personally I like putting up my canvas wall tent in the Preferred loops. I plan to do it more in the future when it's not winter/summer.

Not sure what the fuss is about.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
The Dis promotes the following of ALL WDW policies. We are not allowed to tell people how to get around them. We are not allowed to debate them. They are what they are. Right now WDW policy on partial sites is …. from WDW site.

Room for a pop-up camper or a camper van-type vehicle, and up to 2 tents.
Accommodates equipment on a concrete pad up to 10 feet by 25 feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!