Traffic into O'Hare....

Jon99

DIS Veteran
We have a 5:45 flight to Orlando on a Wed in December... When we booked the flight my wife was going to be able to leave work at 2:30 (she is a teacher) but they have switched her student schedule around and now we can't leave until 3... Soooo, we will be leaving Manteno at 3, will the traffic on 294 cause us problems catching this flight???? We basically take 57 to 294..

Its normally an hour drive with no traffic...Should I be worried???

I don't think there's a good time anymore on the tollway. Last year I needed to pick some folks up at ORD. I left the house in Mundelein when they were 1hr 15 min away from landing and they were waiting for me with their bags and I was still on the tri state, normally I can make it in 40 minutes. Frankly that looks like a VERY tight time frame to be working with, beside the drive you have to park the car, get to the terminal, checked in and through security. I would sugguest changing your flight or your wife takes an extra day off.

Well we have someone dropping us off, so that will save some time as we won't have to park... When we booked the flight that was the last open flight on that day so we took it...And since she is a teacher she has no other days off to take...We leave Manteno at 3:00, hit 294 by 3:30 and hopefully we can travel 294 within 60 minutes....TIGHT!!!

Do they still have the curbside check-in????

You should be okay because you will be going in the opposite direction of rush hour traffic. We get on 294 near where you do, and we fly out on Weds. afternoons for our Disney cruises. So far we have been very lucky trafficwise...hopefully the same will be true for you!
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

You should be fine on a Wednesday. We just drove the leg from I-55 to the airport today at 4:00pm. It took us under 30 minutes. No traffic at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter