Traffic in the morning?

TXmom3

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

My parents are staying at a hotel in Downtown Orlando over marathon weekend. On Monday, jan 14th they will check out and uber to their WDW hotel. What time is best? If they leave by 9 will morning rush hour traffic be over?
Thanks!

If you go to Google Maps on a non-mobile device, you can input start and end destination then play around with departure times to see traffic estimates.

FWIW, we stay at the southern end of International Drive or on South Apopka Vineland Road, not too far from World Center Drive. We also try to get to WDW at rope drop. When we leave our resort in the morning, we don't have any problems with traffic. I don't have to get on I-4, though.

Where are your folks staying? I'll see if I can figure out a good route for them to take.

They're staying at the Grand Bohemian downtown and are headed to the Grand Floridian. They won't have a car so they'll be ubering. They want to go to Epcot in the morning and are wondering what time they could/should leave to avoid traffic. Thanks for your help.

Do you have Waze? Try a dummy route the same weekday morning they plan to move. There's a "best time to leave" option.

They're staying at the Grand Bohemian downtown and are headed to the Grand Floridian. They won't have a car so they'll be ubering. They want to go to Epcot in the morning and are wondering what time they could/should leave to avoid traffic. Thanks for your help.

Looking at where the Grand Bohemian is, I've actually taken most of this route from our hotel on I-Drive over to the fairgrounds on West Colonial, which isn't that far away. My route really didn't have a whole lot of traffic at 8:00am to 8:30am-ish on a Friday morning.

This is what I would do:

1) When leaving the Grand Bohemian, take East Jackson Street going east and then turn left (north) on South Rosaland Ave (it will turn into North Magnolia Ave) to East Colonial drive. Turn left (west) on to East Colonial Drive. It will turn into West Colonial Drive.

2) Turn Left (south) onto North Hiawasee Road.

3) Turn right (west) onto Old Winter Garden Road.

4) Turn left (south) onto South Apopka Vineland Road. They'll be on S Apopka Vineland Road for a while.

5) At the next turn, there is a choice. Your folks can either turn right (west) on to Hotel Plaza Blvd, which takes them to Disney Springs and East Buena Vista Drive. Then, they'll have to turn right get onto Epcot Center Drive to go toward Epcot. Or, they can keep going south on South Apopka Vineland Road, turn right onto World Center Drive, and then head to World Drive and Epcot.

Their Uber driver may have his own idea of where he wants to go, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter