Trading with RCI to Disney

DisneyBliss7

''Ohana means family''
I’m not sure if this is the correct board but we own on Hilton Head Island SC, we have a platinum week (July 4th week). It’s a two bedroom unit with 65,000 points. How does it work to trade with RCI into a Disney Villa? I don’t know how many points we’ll need to stay in a deluxe villa.

Also can I trade from RCI to a Disney cruise? Thanks for any advice

I’m not sure if this is the correct board but we own on Hilton Head Island SC, we have a platinum week (July 4th week). It’s a two bedroom unit with 65,000 points. How does it work to trade with RCI into a Disney Villa? I don’t know how many points we’ll need to stay in a deluxe villa.

Also can I trade from RCI to a Disney cruise? Thanks for any advice
Options are limited. The last couple of years basically 1 BR mostly at SSR with an occasional sighting of AKV or OKW. Unless shorter notice, that's about the cost you'll look to pay depending on time fo year. There's one week there now for next Sat and it's 23500 reduced from 54500. Some resorts and some times will be more RCI points. You can use some of your RCI points in some cases towards a cruise but it's generally not a good idea. I'm not sure if the options includes DCL but I suspect it does. The trade off will likely be less than your maint fees used that way. To trade in you'll have direct costs of an exchange fee plus another $190 paid to DVC extra. Obviously there are the indirect costs of your maint fees and membership. Otherwise it's much like staying at any DVC as a member or private renter. No housekeeping (limited midweek service) and all the perks of staying on property. An ongoing search is by far the best way to secure this but sometimes you get lucky and find something that is a great choice.

It's so difficult to use RCI. It's really a gamble to plan a trip around trading an RCI in. You really have to get lucky and grab one that is withing the 60 day last minute deals.

It's so difficult to use RCI. It's really a gamble to plan a trip around trading an RCI in. You really have to get lucky and grab one that is withing the 60 day last minute deals.
I think there are opportunities if one researches, plans ahead and does an ongoing search. But they certainly are limited largely due to the lack of flexibility if one exchanges and the limited options that are a true value. Sometimes one doesn't have a lot of other options and/or has points that are somewhat restricted or limited. I'd so Ongoing Searches (OGS) a good year out if I was serious about using it. For some, a different timeshare for II or RCI access is often the best option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!