• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trading $$ for Pixie Dust

Dis Ohana

All your dreams can come true if you have the cour
The Ohana just returned from a one week (4 day in park) trip to DL. My, what a difference a year makes. Last year we had a fabulous trip - it was my son (12) and daughter (10) first trip to the Magic Kingdom, for my husband and myself it was the first trip back in 20 years. We were so inspired and struck by the perfection of DL: how friendly the CM's were; how beautifully maintained the park was; how great the shows were; there was nothing we weren't blown away by. The park was very empty, we had specifically planned our trip for a slow period since we aren't crowd friendly people. We were able to take in every perfect detail at a leisurely pace. We had such a wonderful time, that although it was difficult in planning and financially, we decided to make another trip this year...
Don't get me wrong, DL is a magical place and despite the large crowds we were able to have a very good time. We were grateful just to be there. However, I think at a certain point Disney has to decide that attendance in the park should be monitored a bit more closely. What is the point of allowing so many people to enter the park if all you can see is the persons back in front of you? I worried for my daughter who is a very petite 10 year old, I wouldn't even dream of taking a toddler into that crowd. It becomes a safety issue when you have so many people packed in just trying to walk down Main Street. The CM's seem extremely short handed and overworked, especially in the retail areas of the park and DTD - they do an amazing job considering the work at hand.
We love Disneyland, we will definitely be back...but I think we'll wait until the 50th celebration is well over, and things return to normal. Maybe 2007?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter