Trader Sam's Reservation?

steves100

DIS Veteran
Is there anyway to call to get your self on the waitlist? Will be staying at Grand Floridian, was hoping could call then ride monorail over....

No there isn't a way to call, you need to be there in person. You should have at least one person from your party show up in person and put your name on the list, the rest of your party doesn't need to wait in line with you the entire time necessarily though.

You need to be there in person to get on the Wait List, in our case they took our cell # and sent us a text when space opened up. Wait times vary, and depends on where you want to sit. Even once you're let in, there is not guarantee for an available seat, but generally works out.

Even once you're let in, there is not guarantee for an available seat, but generally works out.

I have been there a couple times. Both times, there were a bunch of locals, or cast members in there. They knew every line from the drink delivery schpeal. I like the place, but it's own popularity is what makes it no fun.

I have been there a couple times. Both times, there were a bunch of locals, or cast members in there. They knew every line from the drink delivery schpeal. I like the place, but it's own popularity is what makes it no fun.
I guess that's what makes it fun for some and not for others. I'm looking forward to meeting a few of those regulars myself. We ended up meeting a couple of CMs the night we were there and had a blast talking Disney and other things with them.

Try checking a few hours after it opens. There was always a huge wait right at opening, where you could give your number and then get a text, but later in the evening it wasn't so bad. And this was the week of new year's. We actually spent a couple hours there on NYE and had no wait to get in. We sat with a local couple who were regulars, and they had so much fun showing us everything and we all ordered different drinks just so we could see all the different little shows. Our server was awesome, and we had a blast.

we arrived 45 minutes before opening, got our name on the list. then you can leave and enjoy the resort. Just be sure to arrive 10 minutes before opening. As they call names in the order of the list. If you are not there, they will text you, but then call the next name on the list. By the time you get back to the line (unless you were really close), the place will probably be filled and you will be waiting.
Have not tried later in the evening. I'm guessing that many that put their name on the wait list never return when they are texted later in the evening.

It's also a really nice 10 minute walk along the water from the GF to Trader Sam's. No need to take the Monorail if you're up for a walk.

We didn't wait that long to get in once we left our name (probably about an hour after it opened we checked it out). But once inside we couldn't get seats. So we stood next to one of the high top tables - a large group took all the chairs so we had to stand which is fine (for adults) but the table was high over my son's head! haha After we ordered and finished our drinks some people finally left and we got a table but by then my 7 year old was bored so we left. It was cool to see all the antics. People tend to hang around. The drinks are strong and expensive so they must spend a lot! It's really really small in there. We got the pearl to take home so that was cool. There is a kids drink that comes in a take home cup but they were all out of them so my son was bummed and another reason he wanted to leave! Next time I would try the outside patio since we've seen the show but then we can still get the take home cup and not have to wait in line. But definitely fun to see all the happenings.

We didn't wait that long to get in once we left our name (probably about an hour after it opened we checked it out). But once inside we couldn't get seats. So we stood next to one of the high top tables - a large group took all the chairs so we had to stand which is fine (for adults) but the table was high over my son's head! haha After we ordered and finished our drinks some people finally left and we got a table but by then my 7 year old was bored so we left. It was cool to see all the antics. People tend to hang around. The drinks are strong and expensive so they must spend a lot! It's really really small in there. We got the pearl to take home so that was cool. There is a kids drink that comes in a take home cup but they were all out of them so my son was bummed and another reason he wanted to leave! Next time I would try the outside patio since we've seen the show but then we can still get the take home cup and not have to wait in line. But definitely fun to see all the happenings.
What is this pearl you speak of lol

What is this pearl you speak of lol
A fun drink and the only plastic "mug" for the drinks that you can keep. If you're really lucky you might score a special Black Pearl. However as of last I heard the pearls are out of stock, but you can still get the drink.

We make these at home now.
trader-sams-grog-grotto-menu-15-polynesian-pearl.jpg

trader-sams-grog-grotto-polynesian-pearl.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter