TR quick weekend

AnneDE

Earning My Ears
We recently moved to Florida so are fairly close to Disney. We have camped there before, once about 33 years ago, and once about a year ago. My husband took a half day off Friday so we could check in and set up before dark. We were placed in the 2000 loop and had a very nice site that backed up to a grassy area with a few trees that neighboring kids seemed to enjoy very much. We could see the tents on either side, but the sites were a bit staggerd and it truly felt quite private. We now have a tiny squaredrop camper, but used to tent camp. I was happy to see that most sites in this level loop still have tent campers, with a few pop ups scattered about. I like knowing a new generation is learning the joys of a tent.
It was so calm and peaceful and welcoming to arrive at our site. Kids here and there happily running around in the fresh air. The perfect flip side of the busy busy time in the parks! The restrooms were impossibly clean. I dont know why, but I never saw anyone else using the showers. Maybe I was just there too early in the morning.
Ate Friday dinner in Disney Springs at Morrimoto: the peking duck for two and an order of vegetables. It was indescribable. We plan to drive the two hours each way again soon just to eat that duck. Saturday morning breakfast we cooked at the site, then headed to Magic Kingdom to see the decorations and catch early walk up rides at Pirates and Jungle Cruise. Quick and fun. Spicy sweet chicken and waffle in Liberty Square, then out of the park as crowds surged in. We went straight to Epcot and walked around. Could not get in to Soarin without a long wait, so didnt bother. Did watch the movie in France and enjoyed it. Followed it with ice cream on a brioche, perfect. Ate this and that at the holiday food stalls. The best was udon noodles in Japan.
Returned to camp for some down time before heading to Animal Kingdom. FP for the evening safari. It was very very good! Giraffe nibbling on a tree a few feet from our car. Two crocs laying on a rock, and just as we passed a huge third one surged out of the water, mouth wide open, between the other two. As we passed the lion rock a female got up and walked over to the male and rubbed her face on his. He stood up and they actually began to mate! It was crazy that all this happened. Saw other animals as well. Ate a bowl at the new restaurant in Pandora. Tons of fresh raw veges with grilled chicken, a nice healthy dinner that was good. The curried vegetable pods were dried out on top and just OK. The mixture inside was very flavorful though. Had FP to rivers of light. I think my jaw actually fell open. A must see. Quick and easy bus ride back for the night.
This morning we cooked at the site, sipped some coffee and tea, and did an unrushed, easy pack up. After walking down to the beach to sit at the sand and listen to the Christmas carols we headed home. We found a place to buy grade 2 freshly picked florida produce in Plant City on the way home, but even better was the tiny hole in the wall Mexican restaurant across the street behind the ethnic market. Wow. Just about as good a weekend as you can get.

Sounds like you had fun filled weekend!! My dh loves that ice cream in brioche bun - me, not as much.

Also, loved the ROL. We watched it twice!! Just hated the long wait just sitting there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter