TR Bonus - 10/20-24/18 "I hope you like pictures of food” - New TR LINK added 3/12

Should I post October TR as a continuation on this TR Thread or a separate one

• Yes - keep it going on here, It'll be easier to find.

Votes: 22 68.8%
  • No - that makes no sense - separate trip, separate thread.

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Really enjoyed your last post. The tequila lunch isn't something I would do, but it looks really good.

You are a Dis celebrity! That's cool you were recognized.

Sad you have no upcoming trips, but reading all your reports has been a pleasure. Look forward to your DL adventure in the future.

Thank you! That's very nice of you to say. We will eventually put the link for the DL trip in this TR. Probably in the next few weeks I will start up a TR.

Great end to the trip! I love tequila I would love to check out this meal!!

I will miss your reports with no trips in 2019! But I’m guess you’ll have a PTR sooner then later to plan for 2020! We are doing a similar but opposit years then you a few trips between 2019-2020 then nothing till fall 2021!

I am sure you’ll have a fabulous time in DLR!!

Thanks for sharing your trips with us!

We will miss having no trips in 2019! We actually booked a room for 2019 at Boardwalk, and I haven't been able to bring myself to cancel it, but there is literally no way we can afford it - so it will have to be cancelled...soon.

DLR will be fun. D23 has me a little nervous. I don't like crowds and waiting in line. (Right - how did I ever become a Disney fan.) D23 seems like that's most of what it is.

You are definitely an internet celeb and I’m so happy to have had an opportunity to meet you! :goodvibes Hopefully our paths will cross again in the future! That was SUCH a good lunch. The only thing I didn’t really care for was the initial mezcal Margarita- too smoky for me. And bonus that there was that whole empty table with tequilas already poured. That still puzzles me- they must know how many reservations there are so all those people didn’t show?

Nice that you got a bonus few hours in Epcot but that late a flight sounds painful! I agree with you - I don’t think I could ever get sick of Epcot — especially during F&W! And staying in the Epcot resort area just makes it so easy!! On the gondola topic, I am relieved it appears they are enlarging the International Gateway entrance beyond the current ~4 lanes of tapstiles.

Sorry to hear you don’t have any 2019 WDW plans but D23 sounds great. I’ll be excited to hear all about it - especially all things Galaxy’s Edge!!

Is was so fun to meet you - I only wish you can said something earlier, though we might have spent the whole meal talking the DIS. It's starting to sound like they might keep the security booths at the IG, which I am a little disappointed about, but yes they are clearly expanding the area. Unforunately, it won't be the same quiet entrance it was before - but I still think outside of opening and closing time, the "crowds" from the Skyliner won't be that overwhelming. The "surge" of the boat will be much larger than what comes from the gondola.

Your Tequila lunch sounded great! I would have been glad to finish off any if the Tequila that you didn't want! :teeth: I really like Tequila so that one is a good fit for us. And the food is always excellent, we keep saying that we will go back there for their regular menu and haven't yet. Maybe in January of 2020.

Bummer on your flights, but at least you didn't have to work and could sleep in.

Regarding your D23 trip, when the information on SWGE and how various aspects of it will be handled I will be in touch via email. Remind me if your dates again....and I'll be happy to take care of the stuff we discussed, but I might even have better news for you, however, I'm still waiting myself.

Oh - we DID have to work, or at least were supposed to. We did sleep in though - I texted work the night before when our flights were late and explained I wouldn't be in. Normally I start work at 7:30 AM, but I told them I won't be in until 9 AM.

Looking forward to seeing you and Fran hopefully out in California. I'm sure we will be in touch as the time gets nearer. We are going to be out there the days before the convention - I think we arrive on the 17th of August.

Enjoyed your trip report again! I always use my BWV points during F&W, too, and I love spending most of my time at Epcot during any or the festivals I attend.

Hope you enjoy D23! I attended in 2015 and really enjoyed the experience, seminars, and shopping, as well as DLR before, during, and after!

I am super happy with our BWV buy. It's funny that we bought there without having stayed there. (We did stay there on our other points in Feb of 2018, but had already bought.) Not sure if it was the influence of owning or not, but it really turned out that we absolutely adore the place. In fact, we like it MUCH better than Beach Club, which surprised me a little. I think because to me I don't think to much of the BC theme as this is something that I grew up with (New England Beach town) and I so much like the Boardwalk environment. I thought I would hate the lack of QS restaurant, but actually the food options are pretty decent. And being so close to Jellyrolls is everything we were hoping!

Fantastic trip reports, some quality time as a family and also as a couple, hope it doesn't rain as much when I'm there, could I ask the dates in August you were there please?

Thanks for the report. I hope one day I am able to do an adults only F&W trip. It looks like fun!

we WILL be going to DLR for the D23 convention in August - I promise I will post a link here on this trip report once I start that one! It should be one interesting Trip Report with the new Star Wars land @ Galaxy's Edge and all the excitement out of D23.
That should be a pretty good trip report. I will definitely look forward to that one.

(@khertz this reminds me of your TR - "The TMs are starting to recognize us!" Not sure I should be proud that it's CMs in a bar.)

I read this awhile ago when you posted it but I was at work and couldn't type a response. It made me laugh!!

Boy, you weren't kidding about food pics in this TR. lol Looks like you had a great time with DW and some Disney friends!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter