ToyStory land/Star Wars land opening

It also seems like the patent filed recently is possibly for the SWL rides and/or character interactions. The patent uses recognition technology to allow the audio-animatronics to interact with guests individually rather than just looped dialogue.
Yep. Obviously we don't know that it's specifically for SWL but it seems like it.

The land and everything in it will be an experience. There will be personalization according to Disney. How good of a falcon driver you are will affect your experience. It is supposed to be like you are on the actual planet they are creating.

I realize that technology has come a long way but Disney is not going to be able to provide unique, one-on-one character encounters for 40,000 guests on a daily basis.

I realize that technology has come a long way but Disney is not going to be able to provide unique, one-on-one character encounters for 40,000 guests on a daily basis.

No. Of course not. But they might work it like the patrolling troopers of the First Order. They stop sometimes and "harass" a guest while 30 or 40 more look on. It's good entertainment. You might get an audio-animatronic that can interact with a lucky guest for a minute or two or five while a crowd watches and then moves on and then a few minutes later it does it again. Not everyone is going to have the same experience.

no, but if every CM that is working there is really playing a role, but the feedback from the attractions based on your performance, plus the roaming droids they will have, etc .... I think nearly everyone that enters the land could have some level of unique experience

And then if they store the information in your account it could really get customized and long-form story for repeat visitors

no, but if every CM that is working there is really playing a role, but the feedback from the attractions based on your performance, plus the roaming droids they will have, etc .... I think nearly everyone that enters the land could have some level of unique experience

And then if they store the information in your account it could really get customized and long-form story for repeat visitors
Bingo.

I'm also wondering if there will be some limits to how many are allowed inside the land at least at first due to the popularity it's going to have.

Bingo.

I'm also wondering if there will be some limits to how many are allowed inside the land at least at first due to the popularity it's going to have.

There was that survey about at Star Wars themed hotel that would be part of the immersion that would then have a day in the park, etc.

Even if they don't go through with that I could see some sort of hard ticketed even where the immersion and unique experience level is increased

Thanks! Something else he's too small for, but we can enjoy!

Is it just me, or is anyone else a little let down that these new "lands" only get two rides???

I think it's a trend worth "watching" to say the least.

$500 million in "development" and "theming", but $100 mil in attractions is foreboding.

Just to clarify.

The rumor for Disneyland is, since they aren't moving Star Tours, they *might* retheme it. There hasn't been much discussion about what will happen a DHS, but the current Star Tours may be adjacent and kept.

Oh god.... I kind of assumed they'd move Star Tours into the new SW lands at both parks... if I tell my husband they might be getting rid of the ride altogether/retheming it then he will actually cry. It's his favourite and he'd ride it all day if he could (I can't even do it, makes me motion sick). I hope the new land has something he will
Love equally as much!

Oh god.... I kind of assumed they'd move Star Tours into the new SW lands at both parks... if I tell my husband they might be getting rid of the ride altogether/retheming it then he will actually cry. It's his favourite and he'd ride it all day if he could (I can't even do it, makes me motion sick). I hope the new land has something he will Love equally as much!

The belief is Disney deemed them too expensive to move.

Oh god.... I kind of assumed they'd move Star Tours into the new SW lands at both parks... if I tell my husband they might be getting rid of the ride altogether/retheming it then he will actually cry. It's his favourite and he'd ride it all day if he could (I can't even do it, makes me motion sick). I hope the new land has something he will
Love equally as much!
If he loves star tours I can't not see him loving something not if everything in Star Wars land.

Well they did just build a brand new ride using the same ride system in Hong Kong.

Them and no one else...

It was before your time...but they used to have simple versions of that in every surburban shopping mall...they were scrapped long ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter