Toy Story Pizza Planet Review

DD3 loves Buzz, but I do not love pizza. Is it worth it just to go for the theming, or is the Toy Story reference not a big one?

frannn said:
DD3 loves Buzz, but I do not love pizza. Is it worth it just to go for the theming, or is the Toy Story reference not a big one?
I would skip it if I didn't like pizza. IMO the theming wasn't worth a special trip, and you could avoid the arcade. I'd just stop by Al's Toy Barn for pictures.

Thanks for the review. I never thought of going there, because of the bad reviews. Maybe I will give it a try.

Thanks. ;)

hate to be the odd voice out. we've tried it twice, and the noise level is just over the top for us. the arcade is quite a bit like a chuck e cheese or the sort. we run the other way---again due to the noise, rather than the food.

DS requested this place again. And again we were not disappointed. It is noisey but its greared towards kids and its an arcade so its to be expected. The pizza was very good but by no means is it a 5 star restaurant. Its a pizza place and arcade.
We will be eating here again on the next trip we make. Its a favorite for all. Much better than our visit to Mama Melrose. :faint:

It did seem noisy downstairs, but upstairs was fine when we were there. But with 2 boys - 4 and 7, I'm not sure that I notice noise anymore. :teeth:

:goodvibes I am so glad to see such a great review on Pizza Planet. Oddly, my DS15 is the one who REALLY wants to go here. Had seen several bad comments about the place, but I didn't want to disappoint him as PP and Tony's are the only 2 requests he has made. Looking more forward to going there now. Hoping MY kids will prefer Disney time over arcade time because I am NOT wanting to spend too long in there. Thanks for sharing your review! :teeth:

Thanks for the review. We are going to try PP this time but I was wondering if we could get it to take to the Fantasmic seating and eat while we are waiting for the show to begin. Any ideas whether this would be hard to manage. I'd be carrying 3 pizzas, salads, desserts and drinks. Will they put it in a box or anything?

trvlr4301r said:
Thanks for the review. We are going to try PP this time but I was wondering if we could get it to take to the Fantasmic seating and eat while we are waiting for the show to begin. Any ideas whether this would be hard to manage. I'd be carrying 3 pizzas, salads, desserts and drinks. Will they put it in a box or anything?
I think you could do it if you had a backpack or something to carry things in. The salads are in a closed plastic container (with a lid), and the desserts are wrapped up. You could get bottled water for your drinks, and dump all of that in a backpack. Then you would only have to carry the 3 pizzas. They don't have anything covering them, but I think you could carry all three - creatively. :thumbsup2

We ate at Toy Story last week, there was only two people ahead in line and we had our food in only a few mins. The pizza and salad were good. DD and I had the Veggie. Very good. It was about noon, and starting to fill up. we were relaxing, finishing our food, 2 of our party of 6 were playing the games, and a lady asked me if she could have our table when we were done. Like I care who sits there :rolleyes: Then she, and here party just stood over us, like, "well, aren't you done yet?" We were looking at our digital pics and finishing up, but now we felt all rushed :sad2: I could never do that.
But it's a good place for a bite to eat, I was hoping there would be more to the Toy Story theme, though.

I'm happy to hear someone enjoyed Pizza Planet. I've read a lot of negative reviews on here and I was bummed because I've always been curious and wanted to try this pizza. Maybe we'll split one next time we're in MGM and report back.

It is just down and across from the entrance to Muppets 3-D.

We are also a family that enjoys Pizza Planet. Our trips have been in late Nov and we love sitting outside and people watching while eating.

We just got back from our trip yesterday :sad1: (guess I need to remove my ticker, huh?) and we ate at PP on Tuesday and we really, really enjoyed it! I had the veggie pizza and I thought it was fabulous. My DH and two DDs all had the cheese pizza and said it was really good. We travelled with friends so the older kids ate and hung out in the arcade while the rest of us relaxed and enjoyed the AC (it was a scorcher that day!). Overall, great meal and we will most definitely be going back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter