Toy Story Mania Stairs Location

GoingtoDisBig

Mouseketeer
Can anyone tell me if the stairs in the Toy Story Mania line are before or after the FP+ merge? I didn't have any luck searching for the answer and someone in my travel party doesn't do well with stairs because of mobility issues.

They are after the FP merger. There’s a third track that doesn’t have any stairs; just tell the CM that you have someone in your party that can’t do stairs and they’ll send you down that track. If you have someone in a wheelchair that can’t transfer, there’s a separate loading area for that.

They are after the FP merger. There’s a third track that doesn’t have any stairs; just tell the CM that you have someone in your party that can’t do stairs and they’ll send you down that track. If you have someone in a wheelchair that can’t transfer, there’s a separate loading area for that.

Thank you so much!

another who has used the third track which has no stairs. I use a cane and have always been sent that way since it opened
I was told if you can transfer you will go the 3 track and they are leaving the other one for those that can not

another who has used the third track which has no stairs. I use a cane and have always been sent that way since it opened
there was always a way with no stairs, but the third track was added in 2016
I was told if you can transfer you will go the 3 track and they are leaving the other one for those that can not
in general, yes.
but there are times when only 2 tracks are in use or the accessible boarding area isn’t busy when they still send anyone who can’t do stairs to the accessible boarding area.
from what I have seen correct
Since the new Toy Story Land opened, we have consistently been asked right after getting in line if our daughter can transfer. When we say she can’t, we are given a card to hand to the CM at the point where the line splits so they know to send us to the accessible boarding area rather than track 3.
If you are in the Fastpass Line, the split is just a short way after you pick up your 3D glasses.
This is a picture of the card. 5C06CFB7-55CB-4143-B1BA-305724632EBB.jpeg

If using the third track, would I have to stand in line when I get to the boarding area? I could walk about 15-20 feet, I could stand in one place for 3 minutes max, then my legs would fold. Waiting lines are so unpredictable. It could look short until someone had some sort of issue, then the wait could get uncomfortably long.
Here is something I experienced at HM. The young athletic CM asked if I could walk a short distance. To me a short distance is 15-20 feet. I can do that with a steadying hand from my husband. Well the CM’s idea of a short distance was way out by the mausoleum. By the time I got to the loading area, I was about to drop. Then there was a slight delay up ahead. I almost didn’t make it. I was younger then, a lot has happened in the past year, and I doubt if I could do that again.
So, would I encounter that problem using track 3? I can transfer, and don’t like taking one of the special cars in the other loading area, but if that’s all that is available, and no one else needs it, I’ll transfer. As long as I’m able to transfer, my chair can wait for me at the loading area.
Another question about track 3. Do the guests get on and off their car from the same side, would my chair be waiting for me when I disembark?

Sorry this was so long. And I hope I made it clear - sometimes I have trouble explaining things, and when I go back and read it I say, Huh?

If you are able to transfer, you can use an ECV or wheelchair to the boarding area of track 3. It will be waiting for you when you get off.
It’s possible you might get sent to the WAV (wheelchair accessible vehicle area) even if you can transfer; it depends on how busy it is/what is going on with the attraction at the time.
Guests who can’t transfer and need the accessible ride car will always board there.

The safest bet for knowing you won’t be walking too far for you is probably to ask more questions or give the CM a number (i.e. I can walk 25 feet). As you found out, distance is relative - a short distance to a young CM who walks that same route many times a day can be very different than it is to someone with mobility issues .

If using the third track, would I have to stand in line when I get to the boarding area? I could walk about 15-20 feet, I could stand in one place for 3 minutes max, then my legs would fold. Waiting lines are so unpredictable. It could look short until someone had some sort of issue, then the wait could get uncomfortably long.
Here is something I experienced at HM. The young athletic CM asked if I could walk a short distance. To me a short distance is 15-20 feet. I can do that with a steadying hand from my husband. Well the CM’s idea of a short distance was way out by the mausoleum. By the time I got to the loading area, I was about to drop. Then there was a slight delay up ahead. I almost didn’t make it. I was younger then, a lot has happened in the past year, and I doubt if I could do that again.
So, would I encounter that problem using track 3? I can transfer, and don’t like taking one of the special cars in the other loading area, but if that’s all that is available, and no one else needs it, I’ll transfer. As long as I’m able to transfer, my chair can wait for me at the loading area.
Another question about track 3. Do the guests get on and off their car from the same side, would my chair be waiting for me when I disembark?

Sorry this was so long. And I hope I made it clear - sometimes I have trouble explaining things, and when I go back and read it I say, Huh?

Have you considered using a Rollator at the Parks? (A walker with a built-in seat, that typically has a storage basket under the seat - This is a fairly typical model)

A Rollator would give you some support while walking, a place to stash your stuff (so you don't have to carry anything that might cause you to tire quicker, like a purse or Park bag) and a place to sit if you find that you are about to collapse. Rollators can be left with CMs at the rides as you board, and will be waiting for you when you are done; just don't ever leave anything in/on it that you don't mind losing.

Have you considered using a Rollator at the Parks? (A walker with a built-in seat, that typically has a storage basket under the seat

A Rollator would give you some support while walking, a place to stash your stuff (so you don't have to carry anything that might cause you to tire quicker, like a purse or Park bag) and a place to sit if you find that you are about to collapse. Rollators can be left with CMs at the rides as you board, and will be waiting for you when you are done; just don't ever leave anything in/on it that you don't mind losing.

Thanks for your suggestion. I’m not allowed to post my reply.

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator

I was trying to find out if you can bring these into park? For personal use. Sorry couldn’t see answer

I was trying to find out if you can bring these into park? For personal use. Sorry couldn’t see answer
If you are asking about rollators - walkers with a fold down seat - those are allowed.
If you are asking about a folding chair, those are not allowed.
Canes with fold down seats might be allowed if they are used as a cane, but some guests have reported being stopped bringing them in. They are not stable when used as a seat and I’ve reports where people were injured when it tipped over. One woman reported she broke her elbow.

Although the accessible option at Toy Story is mainly used for those who cannot transfer, it is also advised for those who need extra time loading. I can go on the 3rd track without a problem but when my sister is with me, she takes quite a while to navigate her body from the scooter, line up with the seat entrance and get thru to be able to sit. Then the same long process for her to get out. She would hold up the regular line. The key is relaying information to the CM that you can take so many steps or stand for so many minutes or need extra loading time so they can get you in the correct line. If you use the accessible option, be prepared for a long wait depending on how many guests are before you.
The 3rd track also has a long hallway that acts as a ramp up to the ride area so you have to know you can stand in line as that hallway goes up and keep your balance if you don’t have a rollator or scooter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts