Toy Story Mania for Toddlers

kissimeekathy

Earning My Ears
Hello! I see there is not height restriction for TSM. We will be bringing our 2 year old (she'll be turning 2 while we are there) in October and wondering how she would ride. Obviously not in the lap right....? Will she be able to see to play the game? I haven't been since 2015 so a little fuzzy on the ride vehicle.

I guess just looking at insight for others who ridden with younger toddlers and if its worth bringing her on. She is on the small side for her age as well if you think that makes a difference.

Thanks!

She probably won't be able to see the screen immediately over the bar, or understand how to operate the sling gun. But she will probably be able to see the upper 2/3 of the screen, enjoy the images, music, sound effects, and the movement of the "car".

I can't say for sure she can't go on your lap at 2 y/o. But maybe she can.

my 2yo rode it and enjoyed it very much (and rode it again at 3 and was able to pull the string!) I don't think they'll let her sit on your lap, we didn't try but they did make me pull the bar down lower on myself so I don't see how a kid could have squeezed on top of me with the bar that close. she could see the tops of the screens and the music/lights/motion was enough to be a blast even without the full experience!

I'm pretty sure my daughter sat on my husband's lap when she was 13 months old (January 2017). The reason I remember is that he still beat me! We were surprised how many rides she was able to ride on our laps. She loved it! She wouldn't keep the glasses on so I'm sure she was just enjoying the general colors and sounds.

I can second the riding on your lap thing. We've ridden TSMM in both WDW and DCA, and our DD (currently ~2.5) always rides on DW's lap. The first couple of times, DS (almost 5) rode on my lap, but now he rides on his own next to me.

We did TSMM at DCA last year when our daughter was 22 months and I'm 99% sure she sat on my lap. We did try some glasses on her but she just played with them.

There were heaps of rides we were able to go on with her at DLR which was great, having just come from Legoland in the U.K. where she could barely ride anything, not even the kiddie rides because she was under 80cm and they don't let you put them on your lap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter